Yo.

I am looking for a new amp to buy, I am mainly into blues but also like to play metal, but i want to go more rock blues, I just got a fender strat and i'm now looking for a new amp.

My current amp is marshall MG30DFX and I just don't really like it
Quote by Tomaz24
A Fender Blues Junior would suit you.

For metal? no dice, a good modeler like the flextone of valvetronix would work well.

If you dont play much metal then get a valve amp and a distortion, metal muff, turbo rat, subdecay blackstar etc.
whats your budget

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
whats your budget

^That and out of curiosity is it an HSS strat?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
+1 on Budget

If you are on a low budget go check some of the clips on Page 1 of The Valveking Thread. There are some Blues clips and obviously metal clips. I'm not saying it is the greatest amp in the world but it does a damn fine job for $400.
Oh sorry, i'd say I would pay up to just over £200.

Ok thanks guys ill check them out.

Any other amps guys?

Oh and for valve amps, I though they were very expensive?
Quote by Sin100
Oh sorry, i'd say I would pay up to just over £200.

Ok thanks guys ill check them out.

Any other amps guys?

Oh and for valve amps, I though they were very expensive?

The are mid range valve amps that arent too expensive, the Laney VC15, the Laney LC15, Crate V#, Peavey Valveking etc. and all the 5 watter vale amps, Epiphone valve jr, Peavey Royal 8, Peavey Nanovalve, Ibanez Valbee, Fender champ 600, etc. etc. you have to try them though, some are a bit iffy, but some are great for the money.

The VC15 would do a lot better for blues than the VK.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=74589

I was reccomended the fender frontman 100watt.

Any good? thanks.

EDIT: oh and the VC15, I am not too keen on 15watts as I play in a band, just jamming, not giging (yet). My current 30 watt seems just right for jamming with drums and other stuff going on.
Last edited by Sin100 at Oct 27, 2008,
Do not buy a Frontman.

You can probably find a nice VC15 for teh cheap. 15 watts all tube will sound louder than an MG30.
Vox baby. Can't go wrong. I miss my AC30CC...sigh
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Quote by Sin100
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=74589

I was reccomended the fender frontman 100watt.

Any good? thanks.

EDIT: oh and the VC15, I am not too keen on 15watts as I play in a band, just jamming, not giging (yet). My current 30 watt seems just right for jamming with drums and other stuff going on.

The Frontman is just as bad as the MG...a Laney VC15 will actually be louder than your current amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I prefer the Laney LC15R (with a celestion G10 speaker change) of the blues junior. And when the time comes to change the valves, stick in a pair JJ/Tesla EL84's. I've gigged that setup for years
Try to get a used Vox AC15. Just get a nice metal distortion pedal if you want to change styles. metal muff, zvex box of metal, proco rat, etc
if you want to play metal, the LC15R would be enough. I know, i have a strat and a laney.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab