thinking bout trading my guitar for epi black beauty but im wondering if its possible to take out mid humbucker and just have two.
has anyone done this (pics?)

would it be easy
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
Yeah its very possible but it would look a bit rubbish and be absolutely pointless....just get one with 2 pickups already!
Diezel, Motherfucker
i cant buy one ma mate has one and im thinkiin bout swappin for my rx10d

would it be possible to make it look smooth
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
yes, you can take it out. do you want the wood flush with the guitar? then you'll have to cut a block of wood, shove it in there, glue/wood fill it, sand it flush, finish and seal to match EXACT rest of guitar.

have fun. why not just keep three?
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Hey dude glad i found this thread. I was just about to add one covering the same sort of problem. But yeah i wanna change the pup's in mine, aswell as removing the middle one. But there all wired together so not sure if you have to mess with the electrics and stuff. There's also another way of covering the hole left by the pup. Just cut a piece of acrylic to the exact measure of the hole and screw it in as if you were some pickup rings. Fredrik Akesson did it on his Gibson Custom and it doesen't look half bad.

Does anyone know if you have to rewire the pick ups after removing the middle one. Been wanting to know this for ages:P ( Sorry to rob your thread but i find it more effective:P)

Cheers.
Quote by lewis...
Does anyone know if you have to rewire the pick ups after removing the middle one. Been wanting to know this for ages:P ( Sorry to rob your thread but i find it more effective:P)

Cheers.
have to, no. but it would be kinda stupid if you don't.

pickup selector for 3-pickup gibsons:

Neck
Middle and Bridge
Bridge

if you just remove the Middle and don't rewire:

Neck
Bridge
Bridge

btw, don't worry about hijacking the thread. this was a strongly related question.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Okay cool. Don't think i'm gonna take up this job on my own. I'll take it to my local luthier. Thank's for the help dude (y).
thnks alot guys for the help
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
what you could do in stead of takin out the middle pickup and spoiling the gee-taar, you could rewire the switch to do: neck-neck+brigde-bridge. cuz if you take out the middle humbucker just like that. your crappin a gi-tar whn you couldve had the neck+bridge sound.
but if your just gonna take out the middle humbucker and you're not gonna rewire, get a standard or a custom.