I am looking to apply acoustic tiles in my music room. But its very expensive, so I have backed off that idea and decided that any buffering is better than none! Anybody got a cheap source for 3" eggcrate foam?

Koy Carson
West Texas

**60th Anniversary American Strat
**Carvin AC175 Thinline Acoustic
**Ibanez EW20ZW Electric/Acoustic
**Arbor AJ145CR Jazz
**Fender Marcus Miller 5 String Bass
**Fender Geddy Lee Signature Bass
**Warwick Corvette 4 string Bass
**Tradition Fretless Bass
**Takamine Hollow body Bass
**Digitech JamMan

http://www.myspace.com/k5koy

The ORIGINAL Guitar Accessory
eggcrate and acoustic foam don't soundproof. Acoustic foam is for sound treatment, and eggcrate is for noobs.
Maybe you should put that stuff in your sig, not in your actual post? Shell out the extra money for soundproofing though. It's worth it.
Oh did I mention you can buy acoustic foam but you'll be wasting your money because you won't actually be soundproofing anything? Yeah just thought I'd mention that again.

If you measure your room, calculate which frequency will resonate in that space, and get acoustic foam matched to that particular frequency, it might help cut down the noise a little but, but that's not really what it's for.
eggcrate and acoustic foam don't soundproof. Acoustic foam is for sound treatment, and eggcrate is for noobs.

Thank you so much for your input. But I need to add a few things. First, I never said anything about soundproofing anything. Second, instead of focusing on how much of a "Noob" I am, how bout offering an alternative?

Thanks again,
Koy Carson
West Texas.

Koy Carson
West Texas

**60th Anniversary American Strat
**Carvin AC175 Thinline Acoustic
**Ibanez EW20ZW Electric/Acoustic
**Arbor AJ145CR Jazz
**Fender Marcus Miller 5 String Bass
**Fender Geddy Lee Signature Bass
**Warwick Corvette 4 string Bass
**Tradition Fretless Bass
**Takamine Hollow body Bass
**Digitech JamMan

http://www.myspace.com/k5koy

The "PickPocket" The ORIGINAL Guitar Accessory
http://www.waxpatterns.com/CustomGuitarPick.htm
dude what do you want to record

1-you can buy small vocal booths that are about 3 feet long and go above your head
2-guitar amp and a duvet cover
3-drumkit..just use ezdrummer

I thought you couldnt have things like that, even if your a noob that doesnt know how to sig.

Hmmm, ok, I dont even know what that means, but you guys seem to put alot of emphasis on this "noob" thing. Perhaps I am in the wrong forum. Im moving on....
Thanks for all the Non-Help...

Bye!
Quote by k5koy
Hmmm, ok, I dont even know what that means, but you guys seem to put alot of emphasis on this "noob" thing. Perhaps I am in the wrong forum. Im moving on....
Thanks for all the Non-Help...

Bye!

Hi there k5koy.

I presume your looking to improve your Rt60 of the room, and create a somehwat softer acoustic. The best place to start is to add Bass traps in the room. This is simply sone by cutting out triangular wedge shapes of rock wool, ( or loft insulation) and putting them in frames on the corner. this gets rid of that horrible sting you get when you clap your hands, and the exssesive boost in bass frequency you get.

Heres something intresting, put your cd player in the middle of the room, and listen to it, then walk up to a corner and listen, and youll notice theres a huge increase in the bass tone!. Also, it is a good idea if you start with basic things like a carpet and mayb a sofa to reduce those early reflections.

Hope this helps a bit!

dont pay through the arse for acoustic treatment, for the most part, its bollocks!

Ignore the arseholes.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass