Quote by yoyo9333
This is just an idea for the moment... The quality is not great and everything was a one take so it might not be all bang on..anyways any advice/comments are appreciated. I’ll also give c4c of course.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/yoyo9333/music/all/play444526

Ok, this is the second track of yours I've listened to and I have to say I did not like it as much (as My Manic Moon).

That being said, I do realize this is new and it doesn't have NEARLY the production quality as Moon, so let me just point out what I think can improve it:

Vocals were a bit constricted in the throat. Try lowering the source to your diaphragm more.

Slow it down a tad, just so the guitar riff is more clear. I think it's good, it just gets a bit muddied up here and there.

Lots of potential...PM me when you get a more polished version up and I'd be happy to compare and see how it's improved.
    Cool man. I like the angst in the vocals. Pretty spectacular for first takes! I'd ditch the echo a bit on the snare but thats just purely personal preference. It kind of reminded me of a few different things I like 2 of which being for what ever reason, zztop and nirvana (vocally at certain points). Damn nice work man!

I had to dig deep to find one you haven't already crit'd! : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=950330
    I like the song. I think it has a Rolling Stones kind of feel to it in places. The verses remind of Sympathy For The Devil. You did a good job especially for just one take. What do you use for recording.
    Thanks for the crit I'm listening to the song now and I'm digging it. It's different than any music I listen to, but I like the progression. The vocals sound like a young Vince Neil. The solo is pretty kick ass too. Overall a pretty good song, would be much better if the recording was a little higher quality, but I don't think I'm telling you anything new lol nice job though
    Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
    Gibson Faded V
    Warmoth Strat copy
    Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
    Ibanez SR400QM
    Fender BXR100
    Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Thanks for the crit, sorry for the late one but I'll do it now.

I liked the intro riff and I thought the verse vocals were alright, not bad but not great either. Like someone said above me the vocals do sorta remind me of The Rolling Stones, more in the second verse. I liked the bit around 50 seconds and I thought the mix of clean and distorted guitars there worked very nicely. I do think that this part got a little bit messy though, but the quality was also to blame for that, not a huge deal. The solo was alright too, it didn't do too much for me but it did keep the song going and kept it interesting without much repetition. Overall I think its pretty good and has potential but could use some work on it in places. Nice job though overall.
    Quote by stujomo
    I like the song. I think it has a Rolling Stones kind of feel to it in places. The verses remind of Sympathy For The Devil. You did a good job especially for just one take. What do you use for recording.

Thanks for the crit everybody.. a boss br-900
    "Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life.Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!" ~ Billy Connolly
    The BR 900 seems to be pretty good. I guess it sound alot like the Micro BR hence your guess on my song. Do you use the BR 900 for drums. It seems to have a much better drum section than the Micro BR. The Micro is way to fiddly to set up the drum properly and you can only choose from the built in patterns.
    BTW, I've redone this track now.

No I use the a keybord for the drums. Your right the about the patterns on the br, they're a pain in the arse.
    "Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life.Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!" ~ Billy Connolly
    Thanks for your crit

Nice work man. Vocals remind me a little of Manson actually! Not a bad thing, especially as you don't sound like you're trying to mimic anyone.
    I've listened to this a few times now and its definitely a grower. Its got a great forward momentum, a little messy as someone else said but it doesnt let up at all.
    For me personally the tone on the lead is a little squeeky (like mine :P) but i like your playing style.
    those tits put me in a trance instantly lol and im serious! lol those f'ing awesome bags bouncing are awesome and it fits your tune! this is definately different, reminds me of a movie from the 80's or some shit

nothing to give negative crit on, if it were a pro recording it would make millions man!!!

kick ass!!
    \M/ b4br4d \M/

carlroad.com/maggotbomb.htm
    thanks for the crit..... you say you're not happy, it's a good song though, that being said i'm gonna be specific for constructive purposes.... and you'll probably already know what i have to say....

too much fuzz on the recording, and the vocals seem off time quite often and the bass tone is a little flat. it basically sounds like..... and don;t take this as harsh..... like a live recording of prince on an 80's 8 track... re track the vocals and overdub all the guitar and bass parts to hell, spend a good amount of time mixing and you'll be set.
    Don't you try and ask me your expiration date
    Plans that forgot me 99 times
    you'll be the one who opens the gate.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Founder of the UG RHPS fanclub....

to join simply amend sig..
    not exactly my type of music but i kinda liked listening to it

it has "direction", in the sense that you clearly knew what you wanted to do (wether it IS or not) with the song

i think the gain on the lead guitar is fine like that IMO

only thing i dont like much is the clean rythm guitar; though i really have no ideia how i'd change it