So I've been thinking about dyeing my mohawk for a little bit, I bought "Manic Panic: Raven Black" dye.

Anyone have any advice for how to dye it? It's my first time dyeing my hair, my friend just told me to put as much as i wanted into my hair and then follow the instructions, but "DON'T GET IT ON YOUR SCALP"

If I'm dyeing my hair how do I NOT get it on my scalp

SO any tips?

Thanks in advance pit
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Pics plz
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Quote by Lasyk
So I've been thinking about dyeing my mohawk for a little bit, I bought "Manic Panic: Raven Black" dye.

Anyone have any advice for how to dye it? It's my first time dyeing my hair, my friend just told me to put as much as i wanted into my hair and then follow the instructions, but "DON'T GET IT ON YOUR SCALP"

SO any tips?

Thanks in advance pit

put cling film around your hair, thts wat i did
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by Lasyk

SO any tips?

Thanks in advance pit

put cling film around your hair, thts wat i did, like actually around your hair line, where thee scalp is
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Just do it! You've got a 'hawk now act like it!

UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
You can use tin foil and brush it on. It takes a lot of time to line it up right but it'll keep it off your scalp.
You can brush your hair to one side then put a towel under it, tight to your hair line. Then just put it on, wait for it to dry then do it again but on the other side.
The longest, but safest way to do it and not get dye on your skin is to let the sides grow for like a month then dye it. You'll look goofy and it's annoying but it works.

Dying a mohawk isn't that hard(up until a few months ago, I had one for almost a year and a half and had dyed it several times on my own and with someones help) it just takes time and patience to do it right on your own.

I forgot, the cling wrap way works too.

Just a side note, I hate when people say "'hawk" it always sounds demeaning, especially from someone who only thinks people get mohawks for attention.
Last edited by Bottle of Dirt at Oct 24, 2008,
I bleached mine and did black stripes through it.
Was really tall though.
Looked like a zebra.
I just wrapped the parts i wanted dyed in tin foil and clamped the bottom in a rubber band so it wouldnt hit my scalp.
Then i put the dye on the pieces wrapped in foil and pinched em shut. Turned out pre' pre' nice.
Quote by Guitarfreak217
I bleached mine and did black stripes through it.
Was really tall though.
Looked like a zebra.
I just wrapped the parts i wanted dyed in tin foil and clamped the bottom in a rubber band so it wouldnt hit my scalp.
Then i put the dye on the pieces wrapped in foil and pinched em shut. Turned out pre' pre' nice.

or did you dye it black with bleach stripes?

haha.
/zebrajoke.
it really isn't a big deal if you get it on your scalp, it'll burn a little, but it shouldn't really mark unless you don't Bic it, in which case, you don't deserve a mohawk.

i hate seeing kids with mohawks but let the hair outside it grow fuzzy.
HAIR. THREAD.

*reported*

Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.