I can buy an Ashdown Fallen Angel 2x12 combo with celestions brand new for $300 Australian tomorrow but I need to know if it will be what I'm after. I play metal and already have my Krank for those tones. I just thought for the price I might as well get it, hell even the speakers alone would be worth it.

Does anyone have an Ashdown Fallen Angel?
What tones can it achieve?
Can it do Modern Metal with a TS9+MXR 10 Band?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
I'm tempted to say it can do modern metal, just about. It's a good deal nontheless.
Its like 100 pounds :P
Hmmm I think I'll take it, only problem is its been a display model for probably 2+ years and I can't really afford to replace tubes at the moment... oh well.
Anyone else actually played/have an Ashdown Fallen Angel?
I'm also thinking if its not really my thing I should be able to make a few hundred profit on re sell .
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
Its like 100 pounds :P
Hmmm I think I'll take it, only problem is its been a display model for probably 2+ years and I can't really afford to replace tubes at the moment... oh well.
Anyone else actually played/have an Ashdown Fallen Angel?
I'm also thinking if its not really my thing I should be able to make a few hundred profit on re sell .

Steven_Seagull has one
To be honest at that price you can't lose - you'd be able to sell it on for more than you paid for it if you don't like it - it's worth around $500 on the Oz market I'd have thought. It's not really a modern metal amp on it's own, but with an EQ in the loop it should get you there no problems, I have the same one.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7157498&postcount=201
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah, I think I'll take it
Can you run it with 6l6's?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
You can do but it'll need rebiasing.

Just so's you know, those amps were £500 new in the UK so that's about $1200 AUS at a direct exchange, but given how much over the odds you pay I reckon they will have been closer to $1500 when they forst came out.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com