Page 1 of 2
Ok, so I'm only a teenager, and have been looking forward to my parents buying be a guitar (I don't get pocket money, I'll ask for something, and if it is within reason, I'm allowed to buy it) for a while now, but as it is approaching the november, all the good Xbox 360 games which look as if they have great potential are coming out. Now, my parents are making me choose now, between games such as gears of war 2 etc. and getting a guitar...(Its not about tha value) I don't know which one to get, because I've been looking forward to both... what should I do?

Oh, and please don't question about the pocket money...
Xbox games = Will last a few weeks.

A guitar = Can last 20++ years.

Your choice.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by Hatebreeder1018
Get bored with the games or learn a ton of songs on the guitar.

I'd go with guitar.

even though saying that, I've had COD 4 for a year now, and I love every second of playing it.
Buy the guitar. You won't regret it. There is one simple reason for this: hot chicks won't want to go down on you if you're really good at Gears Of War 2.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
Quote by ManWithoutAHat
Buy the guitar. You won't regret it. There is one simple reason for this: hot chicks won't want to go down on you if you're really good at Gears Of War 2.

Truly excellent advice.
Last edited by aaciseric at Oct 24, 2008,
if you even have to question whether to get a guitar or a video game, you obviously don't have enough of a passion to learn and play guitar. may as well get the video games because the guitar will just get dusty in the corner of your room.
Lyrics: Time wasted between solos.

After a mindboggling 3-hour Steve Vai concert, I had to listen to some brainless guitar playing... so I put on Nevermind...

Jesus Rocks!
Games that you can play online are really addictive, that's why I don't play them anymore.

I'd go for the guitar but if you're not really patient go for the xbox360.
鋼の錬金術師
Quote by riffer_raffer
if you even have to question whether to get a guitar or a video game, you obviously don't have enough of a passion to learn and play guitar. may as well get the video games because the guitar will just get dusty in the corner of your room.

I have wanted a guitar for god knows how long, hell, I've even checked online lessons and learnt a little bit of theory, just to get a head start on it!
Quote by jmonko
This is a damn good point.

Will this be your first guitar?
If so get it you'll never regret that decision.

Yes, its my first
Quote by JeanMi36

Your choice.

This.
I must be doing something wrong, because guitar hasn't helped me with the ladies.
honestly don't if you even gotta contemplate it, go with the games... doesn't seem like you have the attention span to learn guitar. once u learn its not knowing fingerings and for the first month or so just learning how to move ur fingers. i bought my first guitar, second, third, and some hot chick gave me her guitar for my fourth. and my parents refuse to buy me any thing video game related as it corrupts the mind into ducktaping a chainsaw to a plastic toy gun, and running around PWN'ing people
Quote by bassandcello
just get guitar hero

LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY

I don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die (about women) - Jens Ludwig

Quote by leony03
That made me lol so hard!!!

yay
Quote by Lollage123
even though saying that, I've had COD 4 for a year now, and I love every second of playing it.

Yeh, but I bet your k/d is like 0.65

own3d in the face!

sorry
Quote by ManWithoutAHat

MWAH. Means 2 things.

1) The acronym for "ManWithoutAHat", arguably the most intelligent poster in this thread.

2) The sound I make when I kiss ManWithoutAHat (on the cheek ) for making such a brilliant comment.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by rcmaster0072002
honestly don't if you even gotta contemplate it, go with the games... doesn't seem like you have the attention span to learn guitar. once u learn its not knowing fingerings and for the first month or so just learning how to move ur fingers. i bought my first guitar, second, third, and some hot chick gave me her guitar for my fourth. and my parents refuse to buy me any thing video game related as it corrupts the mind into ducktaping a chainsaw to a plastic toy gun, and running around PWN'ing people

Do your parents where aluminum foil?
heres another way to look at it, if you get the guitar and turn out you don't like it you can sell it and get the games later. but if you buy the games you definitely wont be able to sell them to get a guitar. and you definitely dont want to get both, last thing you need is when learning guitar is having somethin else taking away all your attention. oh and professional guitarists make a hell of a lot more money then professional gamers
Gear:
Ibanez PC5
Ibanez RG120
Peavey Vypry 15w
Quote by Lollage123

Okay, that is one year. I bet you probably beat the game by now eh? In another year you probably won't be playing it too. With a guitar, I've had mine for a year and I haven't even scratched the surface of what you can do. There are thousands of styles and thousands of song to learn in each style. Also you can write your own songs which are even more fun to play!
Quote by sglover34479
Okay, that is one year. I bet you probably beat the game by now eh? In another year you probably won't be playing it too. With a guitar, I've had mine for a year and I haven't even scratched the surface of what you can do. There are thousands of styles and thousands of song to learn in each style. Also you can write your own songs which are even more fun to play!

I agree with what you say, but about the cod4 bit, I'm just over half way multiplayer wise, and by then, there would be another addicting game like it,.
Quote by Lollage123
I agree with what you say, but about the cod4 bit, I'm just over half way multiplayer wise, and by then, there would be another addicting game like it,.

Well you seem to an answer for everything. Just get what you want. If it makes you happy ten go for it and screw anyone who says different.
Quote by ManWithoutAHat

flawless logic
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

Go for the gaming.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by JeanMi36

Your choice.

Amen brother.

There are millions of songs in the world that you can play. There's only so many games you can buy.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
dude if u have to ask this quesion then u sir are not worthy to be one of the few, the proud
assholes....i mean guitarists
Quote by powerhead
It's just an easy way to shift blame as always. If Slipknot caused people to get murdered, then spoons caused Rosie O'Donnell to get fat.

MY LISTಠ_ಠ
--(Matt)--
cmalm04
dwmacfar2
geetar.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
it really depends on what you like to do more. honestly, i play the **** outta my 360. but i mostly play on live, are you gonna gat xbox live, because if not, id say go with the guitar dude, learn some crazy jams
get a guitar. when your power goes out, you can play it. when you are at your friends house and he is on the 1player xbox, you can play it. you can pick up hot chicks with a guitar, while with gears of war you can pick up boxes.
I'm Steve
IDK, man, Dead Space looks ****ing sweet. I'm totally checking that one out, but in the end, Guitar is king.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by ManWithoutAHat

Not nesscarily.... Where I live chicks don't like the guitar players... cause every guy sits around playing Halo all day (So yeah you have to choose them) .
Quote by neopowell
Killing yourself seems like the only simple solution.
Quote by Draconey
Not nesscarily.... Where I live chicks don't like the guitar players... cause every guy sits around playing Halo all day (So yeah you have to choose them) .

Silence, heathen!

Repent!
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Page 1 of 2