hey guys i'm thinking about getting a marshall 1x12 combo. don't need alot of wattage cause i need something thats versatile. i'm really fed up lodging my halfstacks around everytime i go over to the drummer's house.

after doing some research i think i want a marshall jcm2000 dsl 401. but there are other models 2. btw i do have a 30th anniversary half stack at the studio. well the jcm2000 get similar tones?
I think the DSL401 might be overpriced in the US, considering what you get. It's a decent amp but it's not fantastic, and I'm sure it won't stand up too well against your 30th Anniversary stack (is it a 6100?).

You might be better looking at other options for a 1x12 combo, maybe look for a used JCM800 or 900 combo on eBay or Craigslist?

I had a quick look: http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/msg/883369574.html

It's Long Island and everything
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
Quote by Persata
I think the DSL401 might be overpriced in the US, considering what you get. It's a decent amp but it's not fantastic, and I'm sure it won't stand up too well against your 30th Anniversary stack (is it a 6100?).

You might be better looking at other options for a 1x12 combo, maybe look for a used JCM800 or 900 combo on eBay or Craigslist?

I had a quick look: http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/msg/883369574.html

It's Long Island and everything

hey! thanks alot. i forgot to mention that i would probably be going used. couldn't remember the last time i bought anything major from stores. that jcm900 100watt is right around me lol.

im not sure if it is a 6100, but i know its hand build with limited production.
Quote by Persata

This is an excellent idea. About as genuine a Marshall as can be had in a 1x12" format.
so which one would be cheaper. i don't plan on spending that much. i dont have a certain playing style so any type of distinctive tone is fine with me, and yeah going used is what im planning
if you want cheap dont look at the JCM800's there gonna be atleast 2 or 3 bills higher than 900's.
if you want something thats kind of like an 800 look at a JTM30, other than that thats about it, if your are looking at 900's the 100 watt 112 ones wound pretty bomb.