I was practicing yesterday on my MIM Strat and got to messing around when I happened on some sort of weird fret/harmonic thingie.

It only seemed to work on the 1st string, but this is what I did. You give it a try and see if you get the same results.

Volume up pretty loud on your amp.

Fret the high E anywhere, but make sure to fret as closet as possible to the bar without touching it.

Then quickly bend the high E DOWN off the fretboard, but keep fretting so the string snaps on the edge of the fret (this may not work with bound boards).

For me, I was getting an almost hyper harmonic of some sort. The cool thing was while the note was ringing, I continued to "fret" the other bars that the string was hanging off next to, and I was still getting the same odd harmonic sound for each hammer I did.

Pretty cool. May not be useful to those that can rip harmonics at will bit it was sorta neat and different sounding. I'll mess around with it some more tonight. Give it a try and see what you get!
Yeah, it's quite known... I wouldn't go as far as calling it a technique.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Hmm. Ok. cool to know that its actually used by other guitarist.

Sad to know that I didnt come up with something unique....
Quote by Axe Murderer
Hmm. Ok. cool to know that its actually used by other guitarist.

Sad to know that I didnt come up with something unique....

It's nearly impossible (or most likely impossible) to come up with something unique on the guitar. Everythings used!

It's still cool to come up with something by yourself. Shows your creativity!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
I used to do that sorta thing by mistake, when I wasn't paying attention, or just mucking about xD

I don't think there's a name for it though...
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
I used to do that sorta thing by mistake, when I wasn't paying attention, or just mucking about xD

I don't think there's a name for it though...

Nice to see you venturing outside of the pit

TS: As has already been said; it's almost impossible to come up with anything that even vaguely qualifies as original or unique but don't let that stop you looking for things, you might just hit on the one in a million chance and come up with something truly original and therefore brilliant.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by BlisteringDDj
It's nearly impossible (or most likely impossible) to come up with something unique on the guitar. Everythings used!

It's still cool to come up with something by yourself. Shows your creativity!

Learn to play the guitar with a violin as a pick a la Spinal Tap.
Quote by tigerking615
Learn to play the guitar with a violin as a pick a la Spinal Tap.

Well that's already been done hasn't it
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Use the hardened part of an umbilical cord and slide it across certain spots in just the right way. That's my special technique. Another is to play it upside down and spread a little peanut butter on your pickups and strings and fingers, then play it with your tongue. Its so wonderful...
Guitars Owned: Yamaha F335