Hey guys looking into these for when i get my strat

I have 3 options

Get a peavey classic combo

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=446

Peavey classic head

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=69756

i have an orange 2x12, surely it's going to sound better through this? The orange has 2 inputs and has a laney GH100L in it at the moment, could i run both through the same cab?

OR

Get a second hand Engl screamer combo? Would this do all tones?

Around £500/550 second hand

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=76323

Thanks!

Anthony
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
the engl, i've heard, can do pretty much everything. finding one used may be a bigger task than you think, however... most people i know don't part with engls once they drop the cash for one. the peavey is a good amp though, and the orange cab will make it sound great.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Well there is one on the bay for £600 buyout now.... and yea I reckon the peavey would spend sweet through my cab, can you run 2 heads through one cab as long as they are only switched on 1 at a time?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
i don't know if you can do that... i know you could get the engl and aby the signal between that and the laney with an aby switch like this one ---> http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Radial-Tonebone-BigShot-ABY-Passive-Switcher?sku=153931

but as for plugging two heads into one cab, i'm not sure.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Any other opinions ?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
lmao really? The peavey classic gets a lot of good feedback on this board :P will the ENGL really be able to deliver blues/great clean tones?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
lmao really? The peavey classic gets a lot of good feedback on this board :P will the ENGL really be able to deliver blues/great clean tones?

It's good in the same way the Laney VC30 is good. Good for a first tube amp but after that it's kind of meh...
the only problem people ever seem to have with their classic's is the speaker. seeing as how you have 2 nice ones already, i'd go with the classic head
I tried an ENGL screamer the other day. Sounded really nasty, not nearly as good as some of their other amps..
Really, had it been modified in any way, bad tubes?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by Horlicks
It's good in the same way the Laney VC30 is good. Good for a first tube amp but after that it's kind of meh...

Could some people agree or disagree with this statement, just because something is cheap doesn't mean its going to be poor. Is the peavey classic 30 'meh' ?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
Could some people agree or disagree with this statement, just because something is cheap doesn't mean its going to be poor. Is the peavey classic 30 'meh' ?

As far as I'm concerned, yes.
^ Im gonna agree with horlicks. Dont get me wrong, i love my classic 30, but its not really that great. Its really good when you first get it but then you slowly start to get bored of it.
i love my classic 30 as well, its a great amp for the price. however, it doesnt really stand out in any way other than the fact that it is a great starting tube amp. the cleans are good and the drive is good, but neither is fantastic. i wouldnt go so far as to say it is a "meh" amp, but if you can spend more and get something nicer, then why not do that? besides the classic 30s arent as good a value in europe.
So what would you guys recommend as a great blues valve amp, with good cleans and good overdrive? say £500
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12