I'm just a little bit curious. I'd love to be a Guitar Tech one day, and seeing as how this probably one of the more basic repairs/modifications to do, I was wondering if anyone had some resources to share about how to lower the action on a guitar.
lower the saddles... if the action is too high at the nut go to www.stewmac.com and read the nut making tutorials
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by nuthinbuttrubl8
lower the saddles... if the action is too high at the nut go to www.stewmac.com and read the nut making tutorials

Do you ever have to adjust the truss rod?
NEVER adjust the truss rod for action. the truss rod is supposed to compensate the bow caused by string tension.
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
the truss rod is for sorting out the relief in necks... so if the relief is stopping you from having a low action, like if your neck is massivly bowing, then its fine to adjust it. The neck is supposed to have a very slight bow in it to stop fretting out. so if it is dead straight this will also stop you from having a low action.