I knew that obviously there were tones that had a less space than the semitone we know about. But I didn't know there was music being made with them since there's a lot more to know about with even more tones.

What's your opinion about it? There could be a WHOLE new sound to music if we find a correct way to make music out of micro tones sound good. I believe the next era of music will be about microtones since the tones we use now are being over-used and everything seems to be sounding very similar.

I myself may screw around with microtones and semi-tones to see if I can find a relation among them
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
listen to Erkan Ogur play fretless guitar.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
It won't be that amazing because our ears won't pick it up that well. It's just sound like your slightly bending a note.
I dont really remember what it was called, but there was a guitar in a magazine about a year ago that had frets in odd places, and allowed you to play these microtones.

It said something about "natural" tones versus the intervals comprising the major scale. The example it gave was trying to play a seventh chord with lots of distortion, and how it didnt sound good, compared to just playing a power chord, where the fifth sounds perfect with the root. Using this microscale guitar, you could play some different type of seventh chord that sounded very good with distortion.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by XxLloydxX
I knew that obviously there were tones that had a less space than the semitone we know about. But I didn't know there was music being made with them since there's a lot more to know about with even more tones.

What's your opinion about it? There could be a WHOLE new sound to music if we find a correct way to make music out of micro tones sound good. I believe the next era of music will be about microtones since the tones we use now are being over-used and everything seems to be sounding very similar.

I myself may screw around with microtones and semi-tones to see if I can find a relation among them

there was a guy who pionerred this about 60 years ago. he made instruments like a 30 tone piano. sorry

This will produce micro-tones.

Micro tones have been used since at least the 50's, probably even during Robert Johnsons time
Sig space available, give me some praise
Indian music and sitars have frets spaced on quarter steps. Do ur research

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by Tw8xy
there was a guy who pionerred this about 60 years ago. he made instruments like a 30 tone piano. sorry

I knew there was already music with microtones.

How much did it take for natural tonal music to develop a theory to the relation, harmony etc etc between notes? I'm sure it took more than a thousand years. (I know we now have more technology, but still, it'll probably take us more than 200 hundred years to understand every relation between microtones)

This is just the beginning to microtonal music.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
EDIT:*removed first line, no longer relevant*

If you want new musical ideas, look at Indian music and Japanese traditional music before you examine new theory ideas. Those two countries' music have got tons of stuff not often seen in Western music.

Also, I wasn't trying to sound like a jerk, it just came out that way
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.