So here’s the deal. Two months ago, my three-month old Fender Blues Junior conks out - stops making any noise whatsoever. Because it was so new, even though I knew it was the tubes, I decided to send it back. GAK (the place I ordered the amp from) offered to pick it up and return it for £15 either fixed or replaced.

Today, it was returned. I can’t figure out if its my amp repaired or a new Blues Junior - but this is the state I received it in…

1. Only ONE tube actually in the amp (hanging out, with the tube hole obviously bent)
2. One tube UNDERNEATH the amp in the box, with the connectors bent.
3. The rest of the tubes lying at the bottom of the amp, along with some sort of metal grate that obviously should be somewhere.

I’ve had so much ****ing bad luck with tubes amps, but this is unbelievable. This is just terrible customer service on GAKs behalf.

What do I do UG?

*Pics in about an hour, need to recharge the battery.
Phone them, complain, make them give you a working one for free.

That said, they've always been fine for me with 2 separate amps, a pedal and a guitar purchased from them, meh.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Yeah, get into contact with them man, hopefully they'll realise you've been treated badly and sort it out for you.

It's unlucky though, like MrCarrot, I've bought from GAK too, and I found them to be really reliable and helpful.
HOWAYA LUV ;D

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
This is why i love soundslive.co.uk one of my premium cables stopped working. Got instant replacement. My Blues junior also developed a buzz. Sent it back. New one in two days.

But seriously open communications with GAK most situations like this are resolved very amicably and usually result in a happy customer in the end providing it's not your fault.

x
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by timi_hendrix
That will be the courier service's fault more than GAK's.

You'd think so. But I'm wondering...

One tube was underneath the amp, which was also extensivley covered in bubble wrap. It's impossible to explain how, if it took a knock during its time with the courier, that tube got outside of all that bubble wrap and underneath the entire amp. The other damage sustained, you wouldn't really think would occur if you dropped it or something. So I'm not so sure.

Anyway, all I can do is phone them up first thing after work tomorrow.
Thanks for the advice everyone.
Quote by GeorgeWFletcher
Contact GAK first and see what they say.

+1

it's clearly unacceptable, but it's so obviously so that even a polite (which i suggest you should be) email/phone call to gak should get you what you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It may have been handlers while shipping it, but that is unlikely. I would complain because that is just unacceptable, you pay for it to be fixed as promised and they don't deliver which is a blatant breach of customer service and claims.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM