ok so im fairly new to this. I have a dean vendetta which is a semi-hollow body guitar. i love the way it sounds clean but i want a more crunchy distortion. is there anyway i can get a crunchier distortion out of this guitar and keep it fair good sounding when clean.
where did you get a semi hollow Vendetta, I thought they were all solid body?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
^+1

but i'd say a P90 or maybe a decent rail, if you can, maybe the P-rails? they seem to be VERY versatile.
------

Shwiggity.
i may be mistaken i was told it was semi-hollow. when i bought it i was making a comment about how light it was and the guy that sold it to me said it was semi-hollow. please correct me if i was miss informed.
na pal, that is a solid body, I've got the 3.0 model, solid as a rock. If you want it to be crunchier distorted but still sound great clean you need to change the stock pickups (dean pickups kinda suck). I put EMGs in my Vendetta but that's not for you if you still want good cleans. Look into Dimarzio, Seymour Duncan, Bill Lawrance, or Gibson pickups. Go to their websites and read pickup descriptions and see if you can't find a nice set you like.
EDIT: www.dimarzio.com actually has a pickup picker
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
thanks guys. I think I'm going to go with the SD blackouts they seem to have a fairly clean sound and i really love the way they sound distorted