Thats debatable. It really all depends on what you're definition of "loud" is.

I use a 60 watt head and I personally don't think it's too loud, but I know other people who would say it is overkill.

It also depends on whether you have bitchy parents/siblings/neighbors who will complain about anything thats louder than a whisper.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Thats debatable. It really all depends on what you're definition of "loud" is.

I use a 60 watt head and I personally don't think it's too loud, but I know other people who would say it is overkill.

It also depends on whether you have bitchy parents/siblings/neighbors who will complain about anything thats louder than a whisper.

+1

It also depends on the music your playing.. Classic rock takes a bit of power tube saturation to sound good. Vs metal does not and prefers preamp saturation. So in other words classic rock equals cranked amp to get good tone, but with metal tones you can get decent tone out of a noncranked amp.
Quote by THEKID546
i say get this.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/peavey-/71511

but if your ganna be playing metal might as well go DIGITAL.

line 6 flextone anyone.

y? double post when u can just edit

anyway not it wont be to loud at all and just keep it at low volumes but imho the vk is only a decent amp u can do better easily.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by Redsox4ever5955
i am going to buy that amp. and its loud enough for some smal gigs and its good for you room to

In my room I keep it between 1 and 2 on the dirt channel and I do fine. On cleans I keep it up around 5 or so. You should be fine.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??