heya

looking to buy a new amp.. i have around £200... erm.. could also go higher for sure..

any suggestions and if so why? thanks.. i dont know alot about amps.
:::Gear:::

Ibanez JS100
Marshall MGDFX Halfstack
Roland Cube 30
Line6 X3 Live
Aria Acoustic (idk what make)
hw high of a budget can u go are u able to reach cheap tube prices?
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Peavey special 212, I used to have one and I liked it. It was a Tube emulation amp that despite lacking actually tubes, it wasn't bad. I could dial in Brownsound like tones with it. A used one should only be around 200 quid. It's heavy as hell though!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/75541
the best, cheap, most flexible, and authentic tube sounding hybrid amp youll even find.
its weird how this amp is digital but incorparated a preamp 12ax7 and two power tubes, but it sounds more dynamic than a roland, gets tube saturation than any valvetronix i have played, and just plain sounds better than a a spider.
this amp is killer after tube change and speaker swap.
you could get all tube amps but this one is a happy medium between both worlds, the dynamics are totally there, and plus this amp IMO is better than a BJ or a Epi of the same price, cause you can switch between tube+digital, to all tube.
out of all the cheap amps out there this is the one that i would actually consider buying, and maybe an EPI VJ.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Oct 24, 2008,
i play like.. rock music really.. hendrix.. GnR.. and im in a band but haven't started to gig yet..

and probs max is.. £250 - £270

Ibanez JS100
Marshall MGDFX Halfstack
Roland Cube 30
Line6 X3 Live
Fender Super Champ XD, 15w alltube with 16 different voices (different types of sound e.g british gain, hotroad, clean etc.) 2 channels. the price is around £210-240
Quote by Horlicks
Indeed, although there are a lot of reliability issues (Mine is sitting broken in a corner).

What happened to yours like?
Quote by Jak Archer
Fender Super Champ XD, 15w alltube with 16 different voices (different types of sound e.g british gain, hotroad, clean etc.) 2 channels. the price is around £210-240

Quit it. It's not all tube. Not ever, no matter what.
TS probably needs more power anyway if he's in a band
VC15, i think htyere a bit more reliable nowadays, i had my vc30 for over a year, its recently been having issues, buts its probably down to my own doing (pulling valves) more than anything.
i'd agree with a laney vc15/30, if it gets heavy enough, but those reliability complaints might be a concern...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks you lot!!!

Ibanez JS100
Marshall MGDFX Halfstack
Roland Cube 30
Line6 X3 Live