How can I avoid getting carpal tunnel syndrome from playing guitar?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
don't
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
http://www.usenature.com/article_carpal_tunnel_syndrome.htm
I don't really play video games anymore, nor do I fap. I don't have it, but I've heard people say they got it from guitar.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
How can I avoid getting carpal tunnel syndrome from playing guitar?

Use proper positioning, keeping your hand and wrist as straight in relation to one another as possible (thumb in the back of the neck position helps this), and if you start losing feeling in your fingers or feel tingling, stop playing.
Hi, I'm Peter
You don't put as much muscle into guitar, it's rare for guitarists to get it. Bassists however, it's like a damn plague! Strenuous repetitive activities is where you can develop it. Drummers especially as well.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
My arm has never gone numb from guitar, video games, which I don't really play anymore, yes, but that's about it.
Quote by chip46
basically its from a repeated motion over and over... so just stretch your hands before and after playing. it's that simple. keep up a good blood flow through your hands and take breaks every so often.
------------
Gibson SG 61 Reissue
Squier Bullet
Peavey Rage 158
Digitech Hot Head
Rocktron Short Timer Delay
Fender Tuner Pedal
Quote by OddOneOut
Don't play guitar.

/thread

learn a safer instrument, like the Sousaphone
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Not fapping is the reason u get it.

Know what to do.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Unless you're positioning your hand abnormally, you shouldn't get it from guitar. If you happen to take up drums though, be careful.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
As long as you don't get AIDS or run into a grue, you'll be fine. Fapping is also fairly dangerous.

*Reported*
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.