Whats up guys. Im looking to get a proper amp and a few pedals and Im looking for an old psychedelic sound. Think Jefferson Airplane, Blue Cheer, SRC, Rolling Stones when they play songs like "paint it black", etc.. Im not much into the happy-poppy psychedelic stuff so exclude that if it matters. Im not looking at a price limit so do your worst. Thanks!
Danelectro Reverse Delay ftw! Such a great effect, it makes you sound like yu are playing backwards, kinda like the effect on "Are you Experienced". Talk about trippy!

EDIT: also Hiwatt amps with the oscelating speaker are just amazing for this style of music.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Last edited by ValoRhoads at Oct 24, 2008,
simple stuff like a anolouge delay, a tremolo effect, and some really good reverb.
thats about it.
line 6 dl-4, mxr phase 90, big muff pi, tremolo of some sort
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by spiff389
line 6 dl-4, mxr phase 90, big muff pi, tremolo of some sort

Except digital delay, Phase 90s and Muffs weren't around in psychedelic music's heyday.

I'd say an MXR Carbon Copy, Analogman Peppermint Fuzz and some sort of a Univibe clone (plenty of options, a Fulltone Deja Vibe is what I use).
Hey, I'm Mike.
If you want Jefferson Airplane, the rythm player, Paul Kantner used a Rickenbacker 360, and a Maestro Echoplex through a '65 Deluxe Reverb. The lead player Jorma Kaukonen used a Gibson ES-335 fitted with a Bigsby, through a UniVibe then through an Echoplex through a '57 Deluxe.

These are their live rigs. Effects such as phaser/flanger were added in the studio via tape delays, which were the only way to get chorus or flanger back then.

I am considered the Resident on all things JA, so if you disagree with the above, be prepared to back your claims.
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.
Quote by neptune1988
If you want Jefferson Airplane, the rythm player, Paul Kantner used a Rickenbacker 360, and a Maestro Echoplex through a '65 Deluxe Reverb. The lead player Jorma Kaukonen used a Gibson ES-335 fitted with a Bigsby, through a UniVibe then through an Echoplex through a '57 Deluxe.

These are their live rigs. Effects such as phaser/flanger were added in the studio via tape delays, which were the only way to get chorus or flanger back then.

I am considered the Resident on all things JA, so if you disagree with the above, be prepared to back your claims.

Sorry to hijack, but what songs are good examples of Jorma using a Echoplex or Univibe? I love JA, too. I have all their albums except "Bless it's Pointed Little Head"