i have started a band we are playing slowed grind and mellow death and we are arguing about 6 or seven strings. We tune to b standard with 6 but i want to go seven and get more notes and tones. The other guitarist wants six cause he thinks he couldnt play a seven and it would be to hard. so how do i convince him seven gives more options.
Wouldn't that mean having to buy a new guitar for him? If so is that really something you should be suggesting when starting a band like this.
Quote by n to the k
why don't you play seven strings and he plays 6

agreed.

and it wouldn't be hard at all to transpose as long as you both stay in standard tuning.

My friend saw Suffokate and said one guitarist has a 7 string and the other had a 6 string. It can work, just have the other guitar tune down to B Standard.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by mike20mrb
i have started a band we are playing slowed grind and mellow death and we are arguing about 6 or seven strings. We tune to b standard with 6 but i want to go seven and get more notes and tones. The other guitarist wants six cause he thinks he couldnt play a seven and it would be to hard. so how do i convince him seven gives more options.

The only other option is the range of a fourth, for the sake of it, is it really worth it?
Once We Were Anarchists
As the other guys say, there's no real problem. Just let him play six string.

Would you let him force you to play a guitar you didn't want to?