Do any of you people think it is worth it for me to upgrade my Squier affinity series pickups? I know I should be buying a better guitar or amp but I don't have the money for that and basically just want my guitar to sound alot better. At the moment it has single coils and it's hard to get that punchy humbucker sound. I don't care if it decreases the overall value of the guitar as I would'nt sell it just want my guitar to sound better, what do you people think? would it make it sound better?
new guitar or new amp - dont waste your money upgrading p/u's on a squire

thats like those stupid kids that put a $3000 stereo in their '82 hyundai pony

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
not worth it unless it's a really cheap pickup. The Affinity series guitars are made from awful tone woods and have rejected necks. You can't turn a Ford Tempo into a Mustang!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
i had a squire affinity strat... and i upgraded to a fender american deluxe

i guess you know what my suggestion is
save up buddy. my friend has bought countless cheap guitars[started with a squire, upgraded to a cheap peavy, upgraded to a decent ibanez, guitars getting progressively better but all were still only decent] and by now he couldve bought a good guitar. i waited alittle more then a year and saved up to buy me a schecter. i played a shitty strat copy for a year, but now i have a good guitar that doesnt need replacement
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Quote by ShogunRonin
Do any of you people think it is worth it for me to upgrade my Squier affinity series pickups? I know I should be buying a better guitar or amp but I don't have the money for that and basically just want my guitar to sound alot better. At the moment it has single coils and it's hard to get that punchy humbucker sound. I don't care if it decreases the overall value of the guitar as I would'nt sell it just want my guitar to sound better, what do you people think? would it make it sound better?
Absolutely worthwhile and it'll definitely increase the range/versatility of your Squier! You'll need a soldering kit; so, buy the $15 kit from Radio Shack. Practice soldering/desoldering for a few minutes and you'll be good to go.

Modding an inexpensive guitar will not always turn it into an awesome beast; but, it'll definitely improve its range ... not to mention you'll learn stuff while having fun.

Since your funds are limited, check out http://store.guitarfetish.com/humbuckers.html for inexpensive Humbuckers.

Good Luck!

Quote by ValoRhoads
not worth it unless it's a really cheap pickup. The Affinity series guitars are made from awful tone woods and have rejected necks. You can't turn a Ford Tempo into a Mustang!

Last time I looked the Affinity Series had Alder bodies.

New pickups will make a huge difference to your Squier, as Ippon said.