I need help buying a new guitar. I have been learning to play metalcore songs by bands like August Burns Red and etc.
But the guitar i have now is not made to play this type of music. Do you guys have any recomendations on what brand of guitars i should buy for metal music? Thanks!
Ibanez, ESP or DEAN maybe, hook them up with EMGs and you have yourself a good "metalcore" guitar.

EDIT: Add some mahogany to that too.
I have a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser that would be good for that, It has the Emg 81/89 active pickups, 24 frets, set neck, and its black cherry quilted maple top is stunning. String-thru-body really helps it stay in tune. I'm actually selling it if you're interested. PM me and i'll send you pics and we'll talk
ESP LTD is your best bet mate, eclipses are the way to go!
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
P to the J - "A metal core guitar??? So there's like metal in it or something?? "

No metalcore is the type of music i like. I want to find a guitar for metalcore music.
Plus thanks for the replys everyone.
Any ltd = to or greater than the 400 series with emg's are great!
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Quote by P to the J
A metal core guitar??? So there's like metal in it or something??

SIGGED!
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
Quote by Mopi2012
P to the J - "A metal core guitar??? So there's like metal in it or something?? "

No metalcore is the type of music i like. I want to find a guitar for metalcore music.
Plus thanks for the replys everyone.

What guitar and what amp do you have? Adam D used to use a Strat when he first joined KSE.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I have a Line 6 Spider III amp.
Ha. I have a strat right now. I have had for three years.
GET RID OF THE LINE 6 BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING A NEW GUITAR!
geas
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
^this. Spider 3s are notorious for their digital tone and other bad things. Get a cheap tube amp, if possible. Or, if you dont want to go that route, the new Peavey Vypyr is another modelling amp, but is reviewed as MUCH better than the Spider III.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
^^ The bandwagon's moved on, you can get off it now.

Anyways, OP, do you prefer to play leads or rhythm. I use my Epi G-400 (with 2 EMG 81s) for hardcore, grindcore, black metal and thrash. It's great for that sorta stuff, but someone with bigger hands might find it cramped for shredy type leads.

Quote by Jango22
^this. Spider 3s are notorious for their digital tone and other bad things. Get a cheap tube amp, if possible. Or, if you dont want to go that route, the new Peavey Vypyr is another modelling amp, but is reviewed as MUCH better than the Spider III.

Cheap, small, low gain tube amps don't do metal/modern, high gain. The Spider is fine (but not good). The best replacement for it is either a better digital modeller, or a good sounding analogue solid state amp.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Oct 25, 2008,
... It wont matter if his guitar is ill suited, if his amp can't keep up.
Get a good amp first and then get a good guitar later.
A amazing guitar through a crap amp will sound crap. A decent guitar through a good amp will sound very good.

It is his choice but I personaly(spelling?) looking back on what I bought, I would have been much happier with a new amp, then getting a second guitar back then.
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
Quote by P to the J
A metal core guitar??? So there's like metal in it or something??

PS. you're not funny.
You should really go the new amp route. But you don't necessarily have to go with an expensive tube amp though. There are some good solid-states, like the Ampeg VH-140c that sound brutal as f*ck and are pretty cheap (if you can find it).

How much money do you have to spend?
^ Ohh, the 90s death metal amp. I'd trade a dump truck full of over-rated little tube amps for one.

Quote by isan
... It wont matter if his guitar is ill suited, if his amp can't keep up.
Get a good amp first and then get a good guitar later.
A amazing guitar through a crap amp will sound crap. A decent guitar through a good amp will sound very good.

It is his choice but I personaly(spelling?) looking back on what I bought, I would have been much happier with a new amp, then getting a second guitar back then.

Thing is, a Spider 3 does chugga-chugga stuff fine. It's when you try to do blues or older rock on it, that it starts to sound not so great.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
The dudes in August Burns Red both use Ibanez RG and S prestige guitars, I've seen them live like 6 times, I've talked to them about gear tons of times. They also use dual amp rigs that are unreal, VHT Deliverance and Framus Cobras.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
DUDE!!!
ESP/LTD GUITARS
LTD MH-400
you will not be disappointed
go to a store and test one out, if not just make sure you get a guitar with emg 81-85s and a floyd rose whammy
id recomend a new amp its 90% of tone and will give you a better sound but if guitar is a must id say try schecter or LTD shecter though makes some amazing guitars for metalcore but make sure you like the neck
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
well i kinda agree with the getting a new amp..but if you set on a new guitar..then...i will recommend a schecter hellraiser or blackjack....LTD mh-400 (+) a jackson soloist ...you have to give a price range......what features you want...trem? neck through..bolt on? ect...
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3

get a jackson dkmg
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
^JB uses an Ibanez Prestige and Brent uses a ESP Eclipse, they aren't endorsed by ESP tho. Last i saw them they actually switch around 3 heads, using those two along with a 6505, using the 6505 tone for the 2nd album and the Framus and VHT on the new album. VHT just sent them those amps but they aren't used the most from my understanding.

For the topic starter, ESP would be you're favorite. Both guys used ESP LTD 400 series guitars pre-Thril Seeker, ESP LTD 200 series pre Looks Fragile, and then ESP Japan and Ibanez guitars currently.
Well my price range is up to 1,200. Im not going any higher for guitar gear.
What about Crate? Are those amps better? I still have one of them hangin around.
Last edited by Mopi2012 at Oct 26, 2008,
Quote by Jango22

I just bought a vypyr 15 yesterday for 80 at a local shop... best 80 ive ever spent! sounds amazing even cranked and it does get loud as F.
RIP Dime

Long Live Metal
Quote by JTreml95
I just bought a vypyr 15 yesterday for 80 at a local shop... best 80 ive ever spent! sounds amazing even cranked and it does get loud as F.

80 what
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by RabbidWolf
80 what

80 DABLOONS YOU LAND LUBING SCALLY WAGGER!

But yeah the vypyr is really nice.
And the fully tubed models just came out.
Im excited to try it.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']
And the fully tubed models just came out.

I think they're hybrid.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
I think they're hybrid.

Nope read about them they have power tubes, pre tubes and all that jazz.
http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/cat/454/item/116747/number/03586770/Vypyr%26reg%3BTube120.cfm
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Oct 26, 2008,
Check out...

- LTD EC-1000, LTD EC-1000 WITH TREM.
- LTD MH1000, also available is a non trem version with SD's.
- Ibanez RG2550Z.
- Ibanez S5470.
- Jackson SLSMG.
- Jackson RR24, Maple Fret version.
- Washburn X50PRO, there are both SD and EMG versions.
- Schecter $750+, they have a lot of models that are the same bar some differences. (E.g. Blackouts, FRs, Non Trem, EMGS etc.)

Also check out Carvin (custom made, but good prices), some B.C. Rich models, Agile and Charvel guitars.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Nope read about them they have power tubes, pre tubes and all that jazz.
http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/cat/454/item/116747/number/03586770/Vypyr%26reg%3BTube120.cfm
Nope, the Vypyr is alot like the Spider Valve: there is only one 12AX7 pre, and the distortion is still Transtube technology. The 12AX7 is the Phase Inverter and is actually part of the power section.

All info gotten here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=968537
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Nope, the Vypyr is alot like the Spider Valve: there is only one 12AX7 pre, and the distortion is still Transtube technology. The 12AX7 is the Phase Inverter and is actually part of the power section.

All info gotten here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=968537

Wow, thats rather different.
A SS Pre and Tubed post....
That actually sounds like a good idea.
As i like the tight sound of SS but hate how they blister up at high volumes.
ESP/LTD Eclipses seem to be huge among metalcore.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
You should spend more on you're amp then guitar. If you have 1200, i'd rather spend that on a awesome Amp then a guitar. Most will agree that you're "sound" and all that stuff should cost about 3X of you're Guitar when you're touring or just in general.

It may seem like Alot, but a say 700$ Guitar means 2100$ in sound, which would be say a Used Peavey 5150 and 2 or 3 Boss pedals and you're basic power conditioners and tuner behind a LTD guitar. If you're spending that much on a guitar, do not have anything but a tube amp, or the guitar wont sound as good as it should.