I myself play guitar mainly, but I do a lot of bass playing as well. I've had a bass for over 5 years, but I don't have a bass amp.

I wanna plug my bass into my Spider III, just using it as a preamp, then take the signal from there to some practice amp that I don't care about at all, and it's already broken anyways.

Will this harm my Spider amp in any way? Or will it just damage the speaker it's coming out of? Again, I don't care about the amp that the sound will be coming out of, just my Spider.

Thanks.
it'll likelly blow both of them. They can't handle that low of a frequency. DO IT!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by ValoRhoads
it'll likelly blow both of them. They can't handle that low of a frequency. DO IT!

It'll wreck the amplifier itself? Not just the speakers?
I've played through my friends line 6 stack (the 2x12 combo ran to the 4x12 cab) with my bass but it sounded flat. No damage or anything though. However, make sure you don't crank it up.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by ValoRhoads

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect, because Chris Squire of Yes got his signature sound by playing through a guitar head. And I'm pretty sure others have done it.

It shouldn't be bad if you play through the head, but you'll need to play through speakers from a bass amp or speakers that can handle it. Not from a guitar amp.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I'm pretty sure it's the speakers that can't handle the low freq's a bass put's out, but don't quote me.

So I think if it went:

Bass > Guitar Head > Bass cab

It'd be fine.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
I've played through my friends line 6 stack (the 2x12 combo ran to the 4x12 cab) with my bass but it sounded flat. No damage or anything though. However, make sure you don't crank it up.

What he said.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
wait, if you're running the Spider's output to speakers youre fine, just watch the volume, etc.
but are you talking about running the Spider's output to the input of another amp? this will very, very, very likely blow the second amp, especially with a bass signal. if you dont want to destroy the second amp, make sure you use something like a headphone or preamp out Only. but if you want to destroy the other amp, hey, i gave an MG10 a funeral by doing this.