saxs players when they are playin' by themselves,
and when they are playin' a song or just playin'
chords you would hear all these fills and embleshments,
you know, it's like all the spaces are filled up so the song
don't sound plain and dry and then they would go into
a solo.

I've good chord transitions but I would like to
learn that additional technique

How do I do that, where do I start to learn that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
^ start by learning some fills and embellishments that you've heard and want to emulate. Then use your brain and try to figure out what they were doing. Use whatever knowledge you have at your disposal. If you have very little musical/ theoretical knowledge then you might want to look into expanding in that regard.
shred is gaudy music
those are notes plucked out of the scale they are playing in. You need to start learning scales. Check out the lessons page on UG, there's some great info there. If you're really left brained, The Guitar Grimoire is a great tool, it's a text book for guitar playing, did me wonders. Then again, I'm a geek.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by GuitarMunky
^ start by learning some fills and embellishments that you've heard and want to emulate. Then use your brain and try to figure out what they were doing. Use whatever knowledge you have at your disposal. If you have very little musical/ theoretical knowledge then you might want to look into expanding in that regard.

+1, the fills are as important as the chords. All part of the music. You can make farting noises with your arm pits until you get good at fills.
Guitar & Bass
Quote by GuitarMunky

hey thanks for your help
Quote by GuitarMunky

I'll look into the lesson and see how I could learn from it.