Do we need it?
I mean, they always say it's what keeps us alive in times of trouble, but when we're not starving to death, I really don't see how it helps. Recently, times have been as tough as they can get for a W. European teenager in a family with enough money to eat, etc., but you know - angsty teenager "tough".

Anyway, whenever I start daydreaming about dating a girl, or one of the local bands asking me to join them, I get my hopes up, bypassing my anti-dream defences. When, of course, it doesn't happen, it hurts even more than it would have done if I had never considered it.

So, Pit, what are your opinions on hope?
Rather than sitting around hoping there's always the option of getting up and making things happen for yourself.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Depends on what you define as hope. I'd say it's simply being optimistic, even in times of trouble, and therefore it is important. Being depressed, even if you have no reason to be, can really drain you, and so remaining positive is important.

And you can't have a when for something not happening. Form your own band, ask a girl out. Stop waiting for the world to change around you and change it for yourself.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by gabcd86
t's what keeps us alive in times of trouble

Mother Mary, actually.
And the barely relevant poster strikes again!
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
fuck hope, just go make it happen.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
Abandon hope all ye who enter here
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Abandon hope all ye who enter here

that should be written across the link to the pit
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Hope is the base for all problem and all good things in the world.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by break-me-in
And you can't have a when for something not happening. Form your own band, ask a girl out. Stop waiting for the world to change around you and change it for yourself.

If only it was that easy

And yes, as soon as I wrote that, I started singing Let it Be in my head, so you are VERY original, my barely relevant friend.
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
that should be written across the link to the pit

According to Dante it is.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
It's got it's uses but it can let you down, you've just gotta hope it doesn't next time.
Quote by gabcd86
If only it was that easy

You're right, it's impossible to walk up to a girl and ask if she'd like to go out with you, or ask around and put out ads to find like-minded musicians. How could I be so foolishly naive?!

Seriously, you have to at least try or else quit complaining. You can't sit back and watch a race then complain that you're in last place.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
it is that goddamn easy, get off your ass and give it a try, it will come together quicker than you think.
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
Quote by Jackal58
According to Dante it is.

Silly old people quoting sillier Italians

Damn expansive literary knowledge
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by pavel
it is that goddamn easy, get off your ass and give it a try, it will come together quicker than you think.

Mmmm, I can't even be bothered to answer in your bitchy tone, so I'll be calm

I have had posters up in school for a month. I've asked all my friends that are in well-known regional bands if they have any leads. I've made a bloody Myspace with a groovy logo, and I'm doing it on my own until I find a band. Short of moving to a big city, I couldn't be doing much more.
As for the girl thing - I'm not going there, I don't need the depression.

That's not what this thread was about though. Screw it, this is the pit, I have no control.
Quote by sk8ordie97
recently ive had no hope for my life/ future

You have no life. You're a vampire.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by gabcd86

I have had posters up in school for a month. I've asked all my friends that are in well-known regional bands if they have any leads. I've made a bloody Myspace with a groovy logo, and I'm doing it on my own until I find a band. Short of moving to a big city, I couldn't be doing much more.

That's not what this thread was about though. Screw it, this is the pit, I have no control.

Yeah, then you have a right to complain no-one's joined your band. But try harder and be patient, it'll eventually come together. As for the girl thing, you didn't say anything, so I won't say anything.

Anyway, I answered your question about hope so don't complain that this is off-topic. You were the one who got bitchy in the first place as well, so don't turn that back.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Yeah, then you have a right to complain no-one's joined your band. But try harder and be patient, it'll eventually come together. As for the girl thing, you didn't say anything, so I won't say anything.

Anyway, I answered your question about hope so don't complain that this is off-topic. You were the one who got bitchy in the first place as well, so don't turn that back.

Nah, I wasn't addressing you. I was addressing the other prick. You're cool.

Patience seems to be the key, though.

And cheers for the gal thing.
Quote by gabcd86

imo girls should be your last priority. get everything else together and be a happy complete person before you go out looking for girls, cause after you find one it's all downhill from there
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
As others have said, you won't find much of anything happening if you don't get up and make it happen. Only you can make your dreams a reality.
We're only strays.
Quote by aaciseric
It's got it's uses but it can let you down, you've just gotta hope it doesn't next time.

Oh, the irony.
Quote by neopowell
Rather than sitting around hoping there's always the option of getting up and making things happen for yourself.

That is hope though. Hope that one day what you are doing will lead to what you want. Without hope you would not do anything. Without hope we would do nothing.
"Only hope can keep us together..."

A line I've always lived by. I've actually been thinking a lot about hope, and about trust. I don't know how far trust will get you, since there's very few people I trust.

But I love the ideology behind hope. I especially love hope for the fact that it makes things a little brighter, a little happier. Cause at the moment I'm a lot more depressed than I've been in a while, and I keep thinking about death, and the vicegrip of mortality, and coming to terms with the idea of an end, and the possibility of not existing.

Hope is kinda like the wings that keep me going when I think those thoughts.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
You should read up on Buddhism

this is what they call suffering caused by craving

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by gabcd86
Nah, I wasn't addressing you. I was addressing the other prick. You're cool.

Patience seems to be the key, though.

And cheers for the gal thing.

Oh, ok

Yeah, patience and, arguably, hope. I don't think hope is the problem, I think it's only disappointing because you've lost hope that it'll happen.

Why? I didn't say anything.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Alex Zyka
As a friend of mine says. Hope dies first.

Hope never really dies even if someone kills themself they are hoping they die as they kill themself. There is always hope it only ends when a life ends.
http://americanhistory.si.edu/hope/02hope.htm
Was something that intrigued me as a kid. It went away too soon.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi