Well, im going to GuitarCenter tomorrrow and i want to get a new pedal (preferibly Boss)

and i want to get something that can shape my tone like EQ and i was wondering what would give me a better tone

i have a Epi Les Paul 100 and i play through some shitty Kustom i got from my sisters bf

so what do you guys think?
Ideally a new amp :P But if you can only really get a pedal, you may as well get the boss EQ, as that will be useful for any amp you ever own...
Quote by vitchb
Ideally a new amp :P But if you can only really get a pedal, you may as well get the boss EQ, as that will be useful for any amp you ever own...

the amp sounds good but i wouldnt wanna spend alot on an amp when i dont really need it
Quote by killerscorpion
the amp sounds good but i wouldnt wanna spend alot on an amp when i dont really need it

well whether or not you feel you need it or not is up to you. I'll be suprised if any amount of pedals will make you're amp match that sound in your head. But IMO, an EQ is most likely to improve what tone you already have...

But in terms of amps you dont need to spend much, a roland cube would be good if you didnt want to spend much, and if you buy an EQ, the fact that the cheaper cubes not having 3-band EQ built in wont be a problem anymore...
Quote by vitchb
well whether or not you feel you need it or not is up to you. I'll be suprised if any amount of pedals will make you're amp match that sound in your head. But IMO, an EQ is most likely to improve what tone you already have...

But in terms of amps you dont need to spend much, a roland cube would be good if you didnt want to spend much, and if you buy an EQ, the fact that the cheaper cubes not having 3-band EQ built in wont be a problem anymore...

true but i think its pointless to get a small amp if you alredy have one and if i was going to get one it would be atleat like 50 60 watts maybe
Quote by killerscorpion
true but i think its pointless to get a small amp if you alredy have one and if i was going to get one it would be atleat like 50 60 watts maybe

Sound Quality > Sound Volume

Just so you know :P
But yes 50 watts in tube should suit you for anything.

What genre music do you play?
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Sound Quality > Sound Volume

Just so you know :P
But yes 50 watts in tube should suit you for anything.

What genre music do you play?
basicly everyting metal heavy rock nice sounding chord progressions classic rock the whole 9 yards
Quote by killerscorpion
basicly everyting metal heavy rock nice sounding chord progressions classic rock the whole 9 yards

Thats hardly the whole 9 yards but it is the rock genre.
Name the bands tones you like the most.