Hey guys, I am new to pedals and I was needing an opinion on which one to get. Right now my setup is a Peavey Bandit Transtube 112 amp and I am currently playing a Schecter Diamond Series Gryphon guitar. Anyways, I can't quite get the exact distortion I am looking for throught the amp, so I am looking at some pedals. I mainly like the play stuff like Hurt, Seether, Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Metallica. I was looking at a couple different pedals. One is the Boss Metal Core ML-2 pedal and the other is the Ibanez Tube Screamer. Any opinions? or is there any other pedals I should look at? I like more of the deep sounding distortion. Not like the early 80's metallica kinda sound, I guess more modern. Thanks for the help guys!
Those look and sound awesome! But unfortunately, a little out of my price range right now. Any other suggestions?
go for a multi fx pedal. dont go just a distortion/overdrive pedal on the amp your using. get a multi fx pedal and run into line in. ull find a decent tone like that. im selling a zoom g7.1ut if ur interested, wont be selling it for much.
I suggest saving up and get yourself an amp. The bandit isn't very good.
I would suggest a Metal Muff by Electro Harmonix, its got a great distortion, and it has a 3 band EQ so you can make a slight adjustment to switch from an 80's thrashy sound or a 90-00 modern sound, and it only cost about $80-90.
I do have a mulit fx pedal. I have a Korg AX1500, but I personally don't like the sound out of it, and from what everyone tells me single pedals are the way to go. I would like to have a new amp, but it is still out of the price range for now. I will definately check out that Metal Muff. Keep the suggestions coming!
Don't get a Tubescreamer for a Bandit, it won't do anything you want it to.

See if you can hunt down a Hughes and Kettner Warp Factor, it's got a wide range of sounds...obviously they're all high gain and you're not going to get mild overdrive from it but it'll do those modern mesa-type tones nicely and also has a button for extra low end resonance.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hughes-Kettner-Warp-Factor-NuMetal-Distortion-Pedal?sku=150908

...in fact at that price jump on the thing, that's a steal!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Oct 28, 2008,
Thanks guys for all the suggestions! I have a lot of pedals to check out! Keep 'em coming! Also, will most of these amps sound good through the bandit? I would love to get a tube amp eventually, but I am going to be stuck with the Bandit for a while.
Last edited by jedi_jackson at Oct 28, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
Don't get a Tubescreamer for a Bandit, it won't do anything you want it to.

See if you can hunt down a Hughes and Kettner Warp Factor, it's got a wide range of sounds...obviously they're all high gain and you're not going to get mild overdrive from it but it'll do those modern mesa-type tones nicely and also has a button for extra low end resonance.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hughes-Kettner-Warp-Factor-NuMetal-Distortion-Pedal?sku=150908

...in fact at that price jump on the thing, that's a steal!

This, or even just the Metal Muff.
I definately like the metal muff! Also, to all the ones that have recommended a new amp. If I could save up the money for a new amp. What would you guys recommend for the type of music I want to play. Keep in mind, only combo amps, no stacks at this time. I live in a small trailer and the Bandit is really too loud for even that. I can't even go past the halfway point.
It doesn't have to be big to be good. You can get a quality sound from a good 15-30w amp
Check out some of AMT's stuff. Particularily the DT-2. I got one and it can hit any hi-gain tone I can think of. Very responsive eq and a built in cabinet emulator for recording direct (or plugging into a pc to jam along with some tunes). Totally worth the cash. They also have quite a few other pedals that are cheaper but don't skimp on the tone if you don't feel like laying down $140 for a pedal (the rest of their offerings are ~$100).

Here's where I got mine. They also have clips of every pedal posted.
http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=GHeyAAAA1225528997&uzc=&command=link--amt
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by hellview_666
Blackstar HT Dist-X or HT Dual + EQ....thrash away

you dont need to eq a blackstar pedal. they are very versitile. they have bass, mids and treble knobs as well as the isf which lets you shape the tone further. to the right is the british side which is sounds less bright with more lower mids fattness. to the left is the american side which has more treble and low bass thump. you can blend those in any proportions making it VERY versitile. my vote goes for the ht-dual.