So im in the market for a new guitar, and this guitar jumped out at me on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1985-USA-made-San-Dimas-Jackson-Charvel-Kelly-Custom_W0QQitemZ330280493292QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330280493292&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

What does the infinate knowledge of UG say about this? It says "No breaks / No repairs, overall in really nice shape with the noticable exception being the chip on the long wing (as most have)." I cant see any chips on it, and wtf is the long wing? and what does it mean "(as most have)"? If anyone could enlighten me that would be great. And it looks like it has a FR, but does anyone know what kind? Does anything jump out at you as being wrong with it? (yes im a parinoid ebay buyer)And lastly, I play in drop C, so do you think i could set it up for that?
Thanks to all who reply
1. The "long wing" would be one of the protusions of the guitar's shape - in this case, I'd guess he's talking about the very tip of the bottom edge. The "as most have" seems to mean that it's very common on these guitars to be damaged as such.

2. That looks like a Kahler, not a Floyd, to me.

3. You could totally set it up for that. Or get somebody else to.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Oct 24, 2008,
I dont know my whammy bars, so if you could also give me your oppinion on this type of whammy, id be delighted
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
Can you suck your own dick also?
Considering the age it looks like its in really good shape. That is def a Kahler too. I wish I knew what kind. The trem looks like its in good order too.

I say go for it.
Gibson.
Okay, that is an old Kahler mounted with a cam.
The best Kahlers.
And the long wing would be the horn on the bottom cut away for upper fret access. Most Kelly's get chipped there, apparently.

Anyway, I'd say get it.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by king~olievo

+ sideways 8
Quote by filthandfury
What if I accidentally wee in her?

When I arrive will God be waiting and pacing around his throne?
Will he feel a little Old Testament?
And will he celebrate with fire and brimstone
Yeah, I admit, I am afraid of the reckoning
Quote by Killedelphia19
may i contribute, by saying
GETITGETITGETITGETITGETITGETITGETIT....

that is all....

Yeah. Seriously.
Holy shit yes that's a nice guitar.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
That's before Jackson became crap.
1988 Epi LP Custom
Peavey Wolfgang Special
G&L ASAT Classic Tribute
PRS SE Soapbar
PRS SE Custom
Jet City JCA20H
VOX lil' Night Train
Celestion Greenback and Vintage 30 Speakers
Assorted Pedals and swag
Quote by The_rylan

+1
Now thats a real Jackson. I say buy that guitar and unearth the beast with it.
Somebody mention Jackson/Charvel?!

Thats a Kahler bridge, which is really good. Basically, thats a great axe and its in great condition. San Dimas Kellys are hard to come buy, so grab this before someone else does.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Well im gunna go for it, the infinately expanding and all knowing knowledge of UG has convinced me. I would gladly put up vids and sound clips, but sadly, i have dial up and it would take hours to upload them., But il be sure to post pix. Is there any last words about why i shouldnt buy it for any reason?
Quote by The_rylan

Woah! jacksons are not carp now. i will admit they were better back in the day but same with gibson and fender. i will bet u that almost all $500-$600 range jackson could kill a bunch of those $1000 deans
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube