would this be a good amp for punk/pop punk music? i also play a bit of classic rock too.
my local pawn shop has one for 300 for the head and cab. i would think thats a good deal. my gear is in my sig
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
it's probably no better than your valvestate. what do they go for new where you are? i mean, another $100 would buy you a valveking...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i had a valveking and i didnt like it. it was way too dark sounding and the gain sucked(no offense to anyone who has one)
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
oh ok. well, if you ask me, that crate is a major downgrade from the valveking... obviously you may disagree if you like it, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I personally hate the tone of that particular series (I have the 30w, and the jackass guitarist from across the street has the 2x12 100w).

It's alright for punk music (the cleans are pretty horrendous), but I'd suggest looking for some 30-50w tube amps...combos or heads and cabs, either work.

If you can, Peavey Classic 30? Crate V-series?
i was thinkin of a classic 30 but i want to try it b4 i buy it ya know? i cant find one in my area
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
Quote by someguy27
i was thinkin of a classic 30 but i want to try it b4 i buy it ya know? i cant find one in my area

completely understandable

You're going to have to look around, though. Craigslist, local ebay listings, local stores, pawn shops...everywhere, hell Best Buy has some tube amps.

Anyway, I'd definitely suggest going tube (however cliche is may be, it's good advice for this). 30-50 watts will suit you well for home practice and gigging, if you ever are.

Try and get a list of amps you liked from the store you played this at, that would help us help you tremendously.