Ok. I only have between $175 and $250 for my first electric. I dont want an agile because I cant test them. Dont suggest.

I wanna play general rock. no metal really. Some green day(ish) stuff.
I was looking at squiers. My guitar teacher has a standard strat as one of his cheap guitars, and i've been playing it lately, and i really like it.

My amp is gonna be a microcube, probably. Since im only 13 and dont have much money.

So I was thinking between a squier standard strat.

An Obey graphic HS telecaster.

Or an obey graphic HSS strat.

Whats the difference between strats and telecaster????

I only found an obey graphic hs telecaster at guitar center.

But looking at squier reviews here is saw that HSS obey strat and it had an ok review.

I just cant find it on GC or Musiciansfriend, anyone have a link?

Please try not to talk about other guitars here... just the ones ive mentioned.

Thanks
telecasters are more punk and less versatile than strats which can play most types of music and are a LOT more versatile.

i'd choose the Squier Standard strat for sure!
really? the standard is cheaper than the obey ones. what makes it better???

Also, if i did go with obey, where would i find the strat version. I cant find it on any site
cmon? anyone? I really need help.

Also, what do you think of an epi lp studio? Its a little over my price range tho. but maybe.
Dude, don't keep bumping. It takes time to get an answer.

Anyway, the HSS (Fat Strat) means that the bridge pickup is a humbucker instead of a single coil (if you don't know what I mean, just google pics of humbucker and single coil). This gives you more tonal versatility.

I have a Squier Standard Strat (first guitar, I'm getting a new one soon though) and I don't like the pickups. It handles clean really well, but it isn't too great for distortion. But if you like the sound and the feel go for it. Between the two I'd definitely pick the HSS though (I don't know how that one handles distortion, but it's probably better than the standard, and you can still use the middle/neck pickups for cleans).
Quote by jack_demo
telecasters are more punk and less versatile than strats which can play most types of music and are a LOT more versatile.

i'd choose the Squier Standard strat for sure!

No. wrong. die.

Telecasters and stratocasters have different feeling necks, bodys, different sounds. I find tele's to be warmer and have a little twang punch and strats are very thin.

I'd look at these

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Affinity-Series-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510443
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Jagmaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=519635
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
If you save a little more, you can get yourself a Classic Vibe Squier. It's amazing.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by l3p4rd
No. wrong. die.

Telecasters and stratocasters have different feeling necks, bodys, different sounds. I find tele's to be warmer and have a little twang punch and strats are very thin.

I'd look at these

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Affinity-Series-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510443
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Jagmaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=519635
Well, the Squiers don't have different feeling necks, the neck profile is the same. And the tonal differences between them vary a lot witht he Fender models, but the Squier models.. not so much. Squier use a lot of the same parts for both Teles and Strats, so the tonal diffreences are minimal.

Also, that Strat you linked to, is only a good idea if you can get a brand new (made in the last year) one in America. In all other countries, the Affinity series is made with agathis, not Alder. And in America up until a year ago, the Alder used in them was a plywood construction, it's only been the last year they've made them properly out of two solid slabs of wood. So you have to be real careful with the Affinity series.

Quote by nathanlamb
really? the standard is cheaper than the obey ones. what makes it better???
The Obey are the same as Standards, only they cost more because of the special graphics they have on the fronts of them. So you're paying extra just for the finish/colour. If money is any kind of concern for you, then get a Standard, it's the same thing but cheaper because it only has more 'plain' finishes.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Squiers tend to get an undeserved bad rep. They aren't the worlds greatest guitars and they are a far cry from an actual Fender, but they aren't supposed to be amazing. They're a begginer's guitar. A very good beginners guitar. Better than the crap you get for about the same price at walmart. And remember, get it at your local guitar shop/GC. Target has a Squier electric but you can't get much more of a load of crap than that guitar.

Either an affinity Strat or a Standard should be fine for you. I think they're a little more versatile than a Tele is, which is good because more than likely your musical tastes will change as you get older. I know mine did. And as they change you either have to get a guitar that suits your needs or one that is like a cameleon: it changes with your tastes. And with THAT being said I would go with the HSS. Don't bother with the Obey guitar though. Its possible a day will eventually come when you won't like the graphic and be stuck with it until you get a new guitar.

Also, if your screen name is your actual name, hello my fellow Nathan!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Squiers tend to get an undeserved bad rep. They aren't the worlds greatest guitars and they are a far cry from an actual Fender, but they aren't supposed to be amazing.
I'd agree with this, except there have been a couple of 'higher end' Squier models (around the $350 range rather than just $200) that are easily as good as the Mexican-made Fenders (and some people say, better than the Mexican Fenders).

Of course there is no Squier that can come close to an American Fender, but there have been a couple of Squier models that can be passable intermediate/small gig instruments.

Though that said, I've got a Squier sitting around somewhere, and personally I wouldn't use that in a gig
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Get a Yamaha Pacifica.
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
Get an Affinity Strat. When you get better and start being a tone hound, then it makes a great modding guitar.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!