Page 1 of 2
I'm looking at buying an Ibanez Xiphos 7 because it's the only guitar in the world that seems to fit my exact specifications. Only problem is the shape. It looks good, but probably not on me.

Regardless of what most of you people might think, the way a guitar looks is a very important factor, it's the reason you pick one up in a shop most of the time. But I'm 16, 5"5 and skinny, I don't know if I can pull off a Xiphos.

Here is the Xiphos and Here is me

So yeah, any thoughts/opinions/personal experiences?
yea if you dont like how it looks dont get it
however
if its not that you look bad with it, and just u look strange or unnatural, maybe the awkwardness would look better on stage O.o
Quote by nightraven
edit- god that thing is vulgar. can't you assemble your own superstrat ibanez with those pickups, warmothesque neck etc?

I daresay I could. Mahogany superstrat body, pick up a used 7321 neck and add some Dimarzio's...

That's not a bad idea at all.
Yeah, I'd totally turn a guitar down based on looks. That's the biggest reason I hate most superstrats.
Nice picture, I love the way your eyes are closed.

I understand where your coming from, but I woodn't be so self conscious. I'm about half and half here.
meh
Well, what are the exact specifications you want? Theres gotta be another guitar that covers them all
as long as i dont think the guitar is ugly i dont care
i personally like the xipho shape, try it out
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
i actually think you could pull off that guitar... but im for the idea of assembling one yourself, i never liked the shape of the Xiphos
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Quote by littlephil
Well, what are the exact specifications you want? Theres gotta be another guitar that covers them all

Mahogany Body
7 string (obviously)
Thin neck
Fixed bridge

The only ones are the Xiphos, Apex 2 (ugliest finish ever) or an Agile Septor (currently out of stock).

Quote by deaththrashcore
Forget the Xiphos 7. Get a Hellraiser C-7 or, even better, the Loomis Sig. It'll be the best decision of your life.

Dude, the necks are baseball bats. Seriously, I can't play the damn things.
Yes if I don't like how it looks, i wouldn't buy it. For example I plan to buy an xplorer shaped guitar at some point. However, I only like the classic Explorer shape. I don't like the shape of the Jackson Kelly or that really pointy ESP Explorer and I absolutely cannot stand the headstock of the Dean Z, so my only choices will probably be the Gibson and Epiphone explorer (will probably get an epiphone ).
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
My ibanez isn't exactlypretty, but I wouldn't buy something as grotesque as a BC Rich.
i wouldn't completely turn down a guitar because of its looks unless it was like the wangcaster then i would(because the only dick i play with is mine)

yea you could probably pull the guitar off, i only say this because ive seen a kid play
the Dan Jacobs esp(the one with the blood splatter) in a church band
Quote by Tom hatton

Seriously? I have tiny hands and I used to think Ibanez necks were the shit, but the C7 and such have a wider neck than other Schecter's, so it doesn't feel as fat (or the back of the neck doesn't feel as far from the fretboard). Even so, if you want a seven you have to be prepared for a wider fretboard. Sevens are absolute win nomatter what though... the best kind of guitar.
Last edited by deaththrashcore at Oct 24, 2008,
An RG of some kind, or an ESP maybe? Or you could put together a parts guitar with all those things.
it doesnt really matter what the guitar looks like, as long as its comfortable & suits your specifications really.

i personally hate Telecasters, but if there was one that had everything i could ever want & i couldnt find anything else that did, in the same price range... i'd probably get it!
Hey I play strats and explorers .tell me how that works for a guy who lifts weights and can't grow a beard.

If you like it get it. Don't be so self conscious.
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by deaththrashcore
Seriously? I have tiny hands and I used to think Ibanez necks were the shit, but the C7 and such have a wider neck than other Schecter's, so it doesn't feel as fat (or the back of the neck doesn't feel as far from the fretboard). Even so, if you want a seven you have to be prepared for a wider fretboard. Sevens are absolute win nomatter what though... the best kind of guitar.

I have an RG 6 and I love the neck. I play a Schecter Demon 6 string in a shop last week and I found it really hard to play, the neck was so thick. It's a shame really, Schecters are really good spec. And that Loomis sig is soooooo pretty.

Quote by Orbit91
Get a Vigier, and become Tom SuperStratton.

haha

I love it!
Quote by Tom_hatton
I have an RG 6 and I love the neck. I play a Schecter Demon 6 string in a shop last week and I found it really hard to play, the neck was so thick. It's a shame really, Schecters are really good spec. And that Loomis sig is soooooo pretty.

haha

I love it!

Seriously though, go for it, I'm 5'2 1/2 and I play a Kelly
Quote by Tom_hatton
Mahogany Body
7 string (obviously)
Thin neck
Fixed bridge

The only ones are the Xiphos, Apex 2 (ugliest finish ever) or an Agile Septor (currently out of stock).

the loomis sig is dope. neck is like paper
Hey it shouldnt look bad, alot of people have told me that the guy from necrophagist doesn't look like he belongs in the band but he is really good.
If a guitar looked bad on me, I would not use it.

Main reason I don't play hollowbodies or Gibson V shapes, except for small Grand Lucite Vs.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
I'd definately judge a guitar on looks. That's why I'd never buy one of those Metal shaped guitars, other than an Explorer. I also don't think I'd like the feel on those things.
UG's AC/DC Lover
Wait tom, you only tried RG 6's and Schecters 6's?

You should at least give the Schecter 7's a try. Or do it like the guys from Unearth: get a Saber 7 and block the bridge.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^^ My brother has a 7321 that I play fairly regularly. But no, I haven't played any Schecter 7s. After I played a 6, I decided not to bother.
Quote by Tom_hatton

If by Demon you mean Damien, let me tell you that you definitely can not judge all Schecters by that series. I wouldn't touch a Damien 7 ever again in my life.
Quote by deaththrashcore
If by Demon you mean Damien, let me tell you that you definitely can not judge all Schecters by that series. I wouldn't touch a Damien 7 ever again in my life.

No, the Demon is different, but they are pretty damn similar.

EDIT: the Demon doesn't have the ghey bat inlays and has active Duncan Designed, while the Damien has EMG HZs.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Oct 24, 2008,
Quote by deaththrashcore

No, I mean a Demon. Check the Schecter site ffs.
Quote by Tom_hatton
No, I mean a Demon. Check the Schecter site ffs.

There isn't a Demon model on the American website.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
There isn't a Demon model on the American website.

England ftw

Anyway, I didn't make this thread to talk about Schecters. I'm sorry, but I don't like them.
Quote by Tom_hatton
England ftw

Anyway, I didn't make this thread to talk about Schecters. I'm sorry, but I don't like them.

Well, have you looked into my other suggestion? You just kinda ignored it.

EDIT: ^his brother has that guitar; read the thread.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Well, have you looked into my other suggestion? You just kinda ignored it.

It does seem that way, I actually just didn't comment on it. I have had a lot of 'block the bridge' suggestios but I really just want a fixed. Greater sustain and I like the feel of them better. Your suggestions are much appreciated though

Sorry I couldn't help.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude

Sorry I couldn't help.

No worries mate. To be honest, I've had this discussion a million times and I still don't know what the hell I want. I might just get a custom made now...
Page 1 of 2