how do you make the squeel kinda thing zakk wylde does i thought it was with the whammy but ive seen him do it without it can anyone help me
Wanna know what gear i have? check my profile
Black Beauty Owners Group
Muddy Waters invented electricity

Paul Kossoff = Genius
its a pinch harmonic
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
It's called a pinch/artificial harmonic. Look up some lessons or videos if you want to know how to do it.

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH

THE GAME
Your probably thinking about the pinch (or artificial) harmonics, if so, when you pick the string, let the fleshy part of your thumb hit the string immediately after the string pick. Bend the string to make his similar sound.
For some reason this thread reminded me of "how to whammy without the whammy bar"
as everyone has said, Pinch harmonic. But he uses high gain and a les paul and is particularly good at it, so that's what he get's the crazy ones. But you can do it too if you practice.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by tona_107
For some reason this thread reminded me of "how to whammy without the whammy bar"

it's nowhere near as bad, but its the same idea

and to gangsta-rick, its a pinch harmonic, there are alot of videos on how to do it, and it won't really sound like him without alot of vibrato, so you might wanna brush up on that too
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by Artemis Entreri
as everyone has said, Pinch harmonic. But he uses high gain and a les paul and is particularly good at it, so that's what he get's the crazy ones. But you can do it too if you practice.

+ his custom pickups
They aren't custom pickups lol.
They're just stock EMG 81/85. EMG just markets them under Zakk Wylde and Kerry King's names to make money.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
active pups
hot rodded jcm800
boss sd-1 or his zw-44, modded
thick strings
practice