I'm super interested in buying this 7. But I have a question is it worth it for the money. I need a 7 string and the Schecter offers everthing I need. Just want some opinions from owners/frequent users.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Yeah, it's a pretty good 7. The neck is not as thick as people make it out to be, but the neck finish may bother you if you hate painted necks.
What do you wanna know about it?

EDIT: also, I'm not sure how well the JCM 800 would handle the low B...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Yeah, it's a pretty good 7. The neck is not as thick as people make it out to be, but the neck finish may bother you if you hate painted necks.
What do you wanna know about it?

It is. It's a damn baseball bat... well it is for me, because I'm used to Ibanez necks. The neck is the exact reason I haven't bought one.
Quote by Tom_hatton
It is. It's a damn baseball bat... well it is for me, because I'm used to Ibanez necks. The neck is the exact reason I haven't bought one.

So am I, and I didn't find it as comfortable as you did.

I heard the Loomis' neck finish is different from the Hellraiser if you find the HR's neck sticky.
Another cheaper option is the LTD Viper 407; the neck is a bit thinner but the scale is shorter and the neck joint feels different.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
So am I, and I didn't find it as comfortable as you did.

I heard the Loomis' neck finish is different from the Hellraiser if you find the HR's neck sticky.
Another cheaper option is the LTD Viper 407; the neck is a bit thinner but the scale is shorter and the neck joint feels different.

Yeah I was looking at that LTD but I hate satin finishes. I also want a new head so I think I may good for a cheap option like a Schecter Blackjack 7 I think it's called.
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
I'm guessing you don't like Ibanez as much as Schecter, but give 'em a chance too.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
I'm guessing you don't like Ibanez as much as Schecter, but give 'em a chance too.

Oh no, I love Ibanez, But was looking for something a little more than a RG7321, that's all.
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
it depends really.. a thin neck doesn't mean your hands will go faster, it just means it feels different.

have you ever felt a warwick neck in comparison with an ibanez neck on a bass?

warwick necks GIGANTIC. but damn are they comfy.

also if you're looking for a 7 string with a trem, you'll probably have more luck going with an ibanez.

if you want hardtail? you'll have better selection with schecter. i find LTD/ESP fall in the middle having moderate selection between the two.

in my observation at least.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Oct 24, 2008,
Quote by shredforbread33
Oh no, I love Ibanez, But was looking for something a little more than a RG7321, that's all.
If you can find them locally (used, since its discontinued), check out the Ibanez MIJ RG7621 ... awesome neck.

Quote by Ippon
If you can find them locally (used, since its discontinued), check out the Ibanez MIJ RG7621 ... awesome neck.

There's generally a 7421 or 7621 floating around on eBay somewhere. There's the S7320, 1527, 7620 or 7420 if you want a trem.

EDIT: Or you could try for the very rare RG7EXFX2. They're on a couple of Japanese sites, good spec for the money. I don't mean to rub your face in Ibanez, I could think you should consider all options
Last edited by Tom_hatton at Oct 24, 2008,
Quote by Ippon

Those are pretty sick
although they do like exactly like 7321's... or do 7321's look like them

O_o
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by Tom_hatton
There's generally a 7421 or 7621 floating around on eBay somewhere. There's the S7320, 1527, 7620 or 7420 if you want a trem.

I wouldn't go with the 7420 unless I had no choice; the bridge is by no means piss-poor, but it's not good enough for daily bar-wanking. I have the 6 string version of that guitar btw.

^Yeah, Ibanez hasn't been very good with (production model) finishes after the 80's..
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Oct 24, 2008,
I don't really want a trem as I already have multiple guitars with FRs. I think what I'm going to do is just wait it out until I find a fairly nice deal on something. Thanks guys for not raping with the "use the searchbar" comments. You were super helpful also.
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by Tom_hatton
There's generally a 7421 or 7621 floating around on eBay somewhere. There's the S7320, 1527, 7620 or 7420 if you want a trem. ...
Lots of 7421s and 7621s on evilBay now ... seems a lot of musicians are feeling the pinch, hard. Also, I think the 7620 is the best 7, ever.

Quote by shredforbread33
I don't really want a trem as I already have multiple guitars with FRs. I think what I'm going to do is just wait it out until I find a fairly nice deal on something. Thanks guys for not raping with the "use the searchbar" comments. You were super helpful also.

You could block the tremolo if you do get a trem guitar. It's not gonna sound as nice as the fixed bridge version of the guitar (probably) but it'll be pretty close.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420