Page 1 of 2
Can someone please tell me how this crap EVER got popular with anybody? What happened to music?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=93m2K3nB7UM

It really pisses me off that people are getting paid millions of dollars to write nonsense lyrics to a crappy computer made "drum" beat, while other people who actually put time and effort into their music don't get nearly as much fame or money.
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Some guy in a striped sweater stole all my hamburgers. **** was soooo not cash
Get over it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
It appeals to some people.
It does not appeal to me, though. I hate it. There's an audience for it, though.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Obviously you're in the minority.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
^Yep.

Shit happens, you get used to it. I used to rant to everyone about how that shit isn't music and showed them real music, but they dismissed it and told me to go listen to their music.

People = ignorant. Ignore it and it will go away.
**** rap I agree with you I hate it so much. It sucks how people would rather hear some people talking and call it music than actually listen to real music. *sighs*
Quote by MasterOfCows
Can someone please tell me how this crap EVER got popular with anybody? What happened to music?

It really pisses me off that people are getting paid millions of dollars to write nonsense lyrics to a crappy computer made "drum" beat, while other people who actually put time and effort into their music don't get nearly as much fame or money.

You're just pissed becuase the girl you like made the slideshow
Quote by mitchgib93
**** rap I agree with you I hate it so much. It sucks how people would rather hear some people talking and call it music than actually listen to real music. *sighs*

You don't understand what music is so your opinion is invalid.
Truth be told, no one likes it, but the reptile overlords force it into mainstream music to brainwash the youth of today
GET THE **** OVER IT

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Because some people aren't elitist retards living up their own assholes.

Grow the **** up. There are more genres then guitar oriented ones.

If you don't like rap, or whatever, that's fine. Your opinion.

Don't ****ing go around preaching about how shit a genre is just because you heard one song that you happened to dislike.

Seriously, I hate people like you. I can't fathom words to describe it.
He deserves all the money/fame that comes with that because regardless of musical quality, he thought of something that became popular, which is incredibly difficult to do. hell i wish i could write a musical phenomenon, not a bad way to get rich.
Quote by bulldozerbob
Truth be told, no one likes it, but the reptile overlords force it into mainstream music to brainwash the youth of today

Yah b*tch!
Quote by bulldozerbob
This.
It's a genre you don't like, so I guess the mature thing is to not complain about it?

DISCLAIMER

I also hate rap with a passion. I don't make threads about it though.

I also HATE soulja boy's music with a passion. I don't make threads about it though.

Soulja Boy threads would be spam.
ಥ_ಥ
I guess the only thing to do is really make your life and don't let be bothered with that shit, unless in gets in your way.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Actually I'll think you'll find that music with a repetitive rhythm and theme goes way way back in history as a way of communicating, celebrating, worshipping, etc. Like it or not, this is just a new form of that.

I'm all for musical diversity, and won't discard any genre because it doesn't fit into some narrow-minded principle. You don't have to like it, but at least respect that it is a valid form of expression, and that other people enjoy it. The only music I think is stupid is music played without any skill - ie, out of tune, out of time, etc. (and I mean by accident or stupidity, not people who choose discord and odd timing as a musical device). I might not like it, but I accept it - and no one's forcing me or you to listen to it, so stop whinging already and let people like what they like.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by MasterOfCows

how come you don't like ma song, dogg?

DON' HATE BRAH

....but seriously, I don't see whats the issue here. Some people listen to different kinds of music, different styles, different whatever. If we all loved the same kind of music, the world would be pretty boring wouldn't it?
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by esther_mouse
Actually I'll think you'll find that music with a repetitive rhythm and theme goes way way back in history as a way of communicating, celebrating, worshipping, etc. Like it or not, this is just a new form of that.

I'm all for musical diversity, and won't discard any genre because it doesn't fit into some narrow-minded principle. You don't have to like it, but at least respect that it is a valid form of expression, and that other people enjoy it. The only music I think is stupid is music played without any skill - ie, out of tune, out of time, etc. (and I mean by accident or stupidity, not people who choose discord and odd timing as a musical device). I might not like it, but I accept it - and no one's forcing me or you to listen to it, so stop whinging already and let people like what they like.

Geez Esther You coulda just said "get over it"
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by mitchgib93

If you're using Soulja Joy as a basis to say you hate rap, you clearly haven't heard much rap. Soulja Boy isn't rap, it's just Pop music. Music made for naive 14 year old girls and the similar types..

If you don't like rap, that's fair enough. But there's plenty of awesome rap music out there and Soulja Boy is in no way a comparison to that music. So don't just dismiss an entire genre on people like Soulja Boy, who aren't even in that genre.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by esther_mouse

I would agree with that if that wasnt a song written about fcukin bitches.

the only reason i could see someone listening to that is because they think its cool. personally i think that gangster image is a terrible role model for young people. makes them think its cool to be violent, disrespectful, do drugs ect ect.
Quote by no_thing101

the only reason i could see someone listening to that is because they think its cool. personally i think that gangster image is a terrible role model for young people. makes them think its cool to be violent, disrespectful, do drugs ect ect.

Not all rap music is about this sorta thing..
A lot of it is.. but that's just a stereotype for the genre
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by no_thing101

In the same way that listening to metal makes people want to commit horrible, ****ed up murders and shit, which clearly happens all the time (cf. Cannibal Corpse etc.) . People do things cause they want to, and listen to music they identify with, it only very rarely happens the other way around.

Anyone can stereotype musical genres. It takes a degree of common sense to reject such a simplistic view of what's going on in people's heads.
Ceci n'est pas une signature
Have you ever even listened to more rap than what is thrown at you by MTV? There's some good shit out there. if you're willing to find it.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by Jackal58
Geez Esther You coulda just said "get over it"

But think how much fun I'd have missed out on!
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by Royal Celebi
^Yep.

Shit happens, you get used to it. I used to rant to everyone about how that shit isn't music and showed them real music, but they dismissed it and told me to go listen to their music.

People = ignorant. Ignore it and it will go away.

Man. This is the funniest thing I have read all day.

and the thing is...I don't think you even realise it.
im a white guy into bluegrass bebop early rap and blues and blacks like this shit. no wonder why they (in general) are so uneducated.
Ya ya.... bitch!

Seriously, so terrible.
Top 5 Rush Songs:
1. La Villa Strangiato
2. Natural Science
3. The Main Monkey Business
4. Vital Signs
5. Subdivisions

Complete Atomic Basie by Count Basie.

Ask me shit: formspring.me/howthiswork
Quote by SuperPhunTime
music is slowly dying

No it's not. Music has never been better than it is now, and is more than likely going to only get better. Don't drag down the thousands of brilliant bands out there down because of the crap state of popular music.
isnt this the same song as yahh. only they changed like...3 words
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
Quote by wesleyisgay
isnt this the same song as yahh. only they changed like...3 words

yes its just the uneditted version.

personnally i think soulja boys music is hilarious.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

Wow that's not even music. That's just hollering.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
The rain falling outside is my music now. **** anyone who thinks they know what "real" music is. Doesn't exist.
Shamwow?

That song is pretty horrible, though.

You have to give the man credit for being able to make a living for himself and dozens of bitches n' hos with a product like that.
Last edited by Tommy[fin] at Oct 24, 2008,
Page 1 of 2