Hey all!

Have any of you guys ever bought a guitar, (or anything else i spose) from Musicians Friend.com off of the Scratch And Dent section? There's a guitar im goin to buy, but i checked the scratch and dent section and the price was like, $150 cheaper than the regular model. Don't get me wrong, im just as vain as everyone else and dont want a banged up Axe, but im also just like you guys and a broke guitar player lookin for deals on new gear.

Basically, just askin for some feedback from Musicians friend, particularly about the scratch and dent section. I've checked forums and googled it, but havent had much luck gettin feedback. I really dont care if theres a small scratch or somethin, cause i figure its goin to get gigged with and damage is inevitable, but i dont want to end up with some second hand beater. They seem to have a fairly reputable return policy, but i'd rather not go through the hassle of getting the guitar, and then returning it.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks!
i bought this from them.

got more than $150 off. couldnt find anything wrong wt it.
maybe a few light marks near the back of the neck. but i could only see them when i held the guitar up to my face.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Generally scratch and dent stuff is so slightly damaged
that you have to look afor awhile to find what it is
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
has anyone bought the b-stock? does that mean ones that don't meet specifications, or is it similar to scratch and dent where it's just aesthetics?
Quote by jj1565
i bought this from them.

got more than $150 off. couldnt find anything wrong wt it.
maybe a few light marks near the back of the neck. but i could only see them when i held the guitar up to my face.

MF sell couches now? sweet.....OH THE TELE!!! nvm...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I bought a scratch and dent p-bass and all it had was a scuff that I instantly buffed out with my t-shirt. I've also bought a few pieces of scatch and dent recording gear from them over the years and never had a major issue. One PA amp had a bent rear rack ear, I guess if you were mounting it front and back it would have been unmountable, but I just mounted it in the front.
If it's listed as scratch and dent on MF, chances are pretty good that any problems are cosmetic, if they're not and you're unsatisfied, why not just send it back for free to MF?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I got a digital recorder from them....nothing wrong with it (cosmetically) except a few scratches on the top of the casing it was housed inside. But I plugged it in and it wouldn't turn on.

So I sent it back and complained. They responded by sending me a brand new model, rather than just another scratch and dent. It looked and still works perfectly.

Moral of the story: if you get a scratch and dent from them, expect very minor damage that you would give to it just using it normally anyway, and if something worse occurs, they'll make it right.
'Cause I have done it before and I will do it some more....
awesome, thanks a lot for all the feedback guys! you've got me convinced!