Two very quick questions, both metronome related but one is specifically for Freepower.

1 - Where can I get a metronome that goes down to 25bpm? All the ones I know of only go down to 40bpm.

2 - Freepower, when you say you practice at 25bpm for economy of motion and finger independence what note division are you playing in?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Do you have Audacity? You can make click tracks with it as low as 1 BPM.

On a side note, I wouldn't be able to practice at 25 BPM for more than 5 seconds.

edit: But don't actually try 1 BPM, my computer just crashed
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Quote by ramm_ty
Do you have Audacity? You can make click tracks with it as low as 1 BPM.

On a side note, I wouldn't be able to practice at 25 BPM for more than 5 seconds.

edit: But don't actually try 1 BPM, my computer just crashed

I was planning on practicing somewhere other than in front of my computer.

I don't usually practice anywhere near that slowly but I saw a guy this evening (one of the guitarists for a band called Liquid Sky) whose picking technique just floored me, inspired me to work on my economy of motion and completely change my hand position and I figured that if I was going to do it I might as well do it properly.

Edit: I checked and Audacity only actually supports click tracks down to 30bpm; that'd be why your computer crashed

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I know it'd be a pain in the ass, but you could put the click track on an mp3 player or a cd and take it with you. I've got some jam tracks on my Ipod, which I run through my amp. Works pretty well for me.

^ BLASPHEMY, I just made a 25 BPM click track succesfully!
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Quote by ramm_ty
I know it'd be a pain in the ass, but you could put the click track on an mp3 player or a cd and take it with you. I've got some jam tracks on my Ipod, which I run through my amp. Works pretty well for me.

^ BLASPHEMY, I just made a 25 BPM click track succesfully!

Looks like that's my answer then.

Damn you Freepower, where are you when I need you?!

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by TheShred201
Guitar pro Zaphy?

Same problem as audacity...or even more so really. It's very much dependent on there being a computer nearby which isn't always possible but either way, the CD/MP3 route is the way to go; I don't own an iPod.

Now I'm just waiting for Freepower to get his arse on here so I can find out what kind of rhythmic division he usually practices in...unless you happen to know Grif?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
^ yeah, depending on the difficulty of the lick, a real bastard-lick I might take to crotchets, or if the rhythmic grouping is important to the feel and sound of the lick I would use the "finished" division (16ths, quints, whatever).

How about using a metronome at 50 and using longer note values? Much easier. The important thing is that you are practicing really slowly, no more than 2nps.
What's the point? If you're playing 16th notes at 25bpm, why not just play 1/4 notes at 100bpm instead, for example. I think that's right? i'm drunk, i don't know heh/
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Two very quick questions, both metronome related but one is specifically for Freepower.

1 - Where can I get a metronome that goes down to 25bpm? All the ones I know of only go down to 40bpm.

2 - Freepower, when you say you practice at 25bpm for economy of motion and finger independence what note division are you playing in?

I think he plays quarter notes.
Cheers for the help guys...now where is that shed?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
I know this is probaly preaching to the choir, but don't forget to accent notes
Quote by TheShred201
playing with less metronome clicks works your timing more.

+1000

If you can play steady 16th notes at 25 bpm, then you will have the timing and control of a beast. Not exactly speaking from experience here - my metronome only goes down to 40 as well. Even at this speed, 16ths are hard, and I've made a lot of improvement in my timing/control/concentration from doing 16ths at 40.
Quote by se012101
+1000

If you can play steady 16th notes at 25 bpm, then you will have the timing and control of a beast. Not exactly speaking from experience here - my metronome only goes down to 40 as well. Even at this speed, 16ths are hard, and I've made a lot of improvement in my timing/control/concentration from doing 16ths at 40.

Bullshit.

Try ****ing 16th notes at 10 bpm
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
I know right?

I'm disagreeing that 16th notes at 25 bpm will make you a beast at rhythm. 16th notes at 10 bpm is MUCH harder. If it was 14 bpm, it would be okay(to me), but I can't get past that number. But what about lower values for notes? Can anyone ever hit quarter notes at 10 bpm? Is that even possible?

I use a program called Weird Metronome to go down lower than 25 bpm. It goes from 1 to 1000 bpm. Neat little bugger, free too.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
Or, hell, why not take this to the logical extreme? 16th notes at 1 bpl (beat per lifetime). Just play a single note at the precise moment of your 20th, 40th, 60th, and 80th birthdays. The rest of the time sit there with your guitar on your lap, waiting.
^ Jesus F'ing Christ! I was joking about the 1 bpl, I had no idea that someone was actually going for it!
The idea is to create a piece which lasts the lifetime of an organ. Wow, eh?

And generally, if you've thought of it, someone's done it. As I have discovered many times to my chagrin.
Like Freepower said earlier, if you can't find any thing do one note per 2 clicks at 50bpm.

The BBC article sounds like its from The Onion