So First off I have a MIM Telecaster with a Peavey Valveking. The only effect i use is an Ibanez Weeping Demon wah...

Anyways I've been saving for a little while and by the end of next week I'll have $200. I was planning on getting a rosewood neck for my telecaster and changing pickups out to get SRV and Mayer tones, But i have contemplated trying to trade in my Tele and buy a strat of some sort. Either a Squier Affinity (which would need major work), A Squier Classic Vibe 60's, or maybe a used MIM Strat. Should I just try to fix up my tele or try to trade it in?

Ebay and Craig's List are not an option for me =/

So yeah I'm just trying to figure my best option.
save up even more man, if pickups and a neck are that cheap then they probably dont sound any better, do your best to save for a new guitar or even better replacement parts. (WOOT WOOT represent the Weeping Demon Wah) :P
Gear
Ibanez ARX100CA
Marshall MG10
weeping demon wah pedal
Boss Chorus ensemble CE-5
Distortion DS-1
Blue Jay Jr. (Acoustic)
Oh haha sorry. I have a friend that would be willing to trade his Rosewood Neck for my Maple one. That would leave me with $200 to spend on pickups...

Yeah haha i love my weeping demon
ohhhhh, very nice, go for the rosewood
but go for some either, Seymour Duncan pick-ups if you can, but what i really perscribe is picking up a distortion pedal (BOSS) with those if you have enough left over
Gear
Ibanez ARX100CA
Marshall MG10
weeping demon wah pedal
Distortion DS-1
Blue Jay Jr. (Acoustic)
I've always wanted a TS9 or a TS9 copy i may try to go for one of those as well.

But my main concern is being able to get a great tone for blues out of my Tele. I just find the stock neck pickup to just be too muddy and bassy for my tastes.

But I'm guessing this is a no to fixing up a Squier Strat?
Last edited by euphorictacos at Oct 24, 2008,
Quote by Desantis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKApkZZEVsg
check this out, this sounds perfect for what you want

i actually hated that tone for blues and imho it does not sound like what he wants i would put something like http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/telecaster/vintage/fivetwo_for_tel/
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
i actually hated that tone for blues and imho it does not sound like what he wants i would put something like http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/telecaster/vintage/fivetwo_for_tel/

im not exacltt sure what he wants, those looke pretty good though
Gear
Ibanez ARX100CA
Marshall MG10
weeping demon wah pedal
Distortion DS-1
Blue Jay Jr. (Acoustic)
hes looking for something bluesy and has good cleans
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
hes looking for something bluesy and has good cleans

your right, i guess it sounds a bit more new age than blues really, my bad
Gear
Ibanez ARX100CA
Marshall MG10
weeping demon wah pedal
Distortion DS-1
Blue Jay Jr. (Acoustic)
Yeah I really would like a John Mayer or SRV like tone. That's why i was contemplating buying a strat.