I am looking for a sponsor and I was jus wonderin what some good companies were.
Sponsors look for you.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
lmao,
way to kill his hopes
go look for a local store to sponsor you.
make a deal with them
say you will promote their store in exchange for free strings and stuff.
Dude play a wangcaster and they'll be all over you.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Quote by freedoms_stain
It's pretty unusual to get a sponsorship as a 14 yr old bedroom player.

not just unusual, but never happens...yeah, your NOT going to get sponsored
In your situation, I'd try either Fender or Gibson. If you're looking for something more brutal, then try getting a sponsorship from Ibanez.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
You've been playing a couple of months and you want a sponsor? Think a tad more realistically.
Yeah, generally you have to be in a band that does regular gigs and an excpetional, stand-outish guitar player to have a company sponsor you. And generally if you have a Fender or something, you won't get a sponsorship from Gibson.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
jeez. u guys could be a little nicer. I just thought because 3 of my friends are sponsored for skating so I thought whats the diffference?
^ Dude, no disrespect but we are just being realistic
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
It's different, and i doubt your friends are sponsered by big companies.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

Let me explain it to you.

Manufacturers of guitar gear sponsor musicians to use their gear in the hope that the fans of the musician will want to also own that gear because their favourite band uses it to get their tone.

If you don't have any fans then sponsoring you would be like setting fire to the gear, a complete waste.

Got it now?
that kind of sponsorship is easier to get, because you can get it solely through sending demos, for music gear you need to be out giging and for a big guitar compan you almost always need to be in a band that tours regularly.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
that kind of sponsorship is easier to get, because you can get it solely through sending demos, for music gear you need to be out giging and for a big guitar compan you almost always need to be in a band that tours regularly.

Thats the kind im talking about. Like an energy drink company or something.
Its a good question but if you have a band and your doing some gigs im sure you could find someone to sponser you but they want something in return! usually some sort of advertisement from them sponsering you! you could try anything from joes lemonaide store to vans But think about what you could do for them first then see what they can do for you! I know some great musicians and they dont have any sponsers but that dosent mean they have looked either! Usually the best and first sponser you get is mom and dad then when you get more playing action then start looking for someone who needs to advertise in the field of music you play! if you are playing at joes bar you cant get mikes bar to sponser you but you could get maybe jacks pizza as a sponser and you could wear jacks shirt while on stage to get him some "free" advertisement of course jake might pay in pizza not a bad deal but you gotta start small then work your way up to nike! hope that helps
Electric Guitars Samick Torino,Jay Turser warlord, Jay turser jt-xg2( thats a double neck) New york pro Strat copy Acoustics Ibanez pf , new york pro and 3 nylons from the 70's
Quote by dude9521
jeez. u guys could be a little nicer. I just thought because 3 of my friends are sponsored for skating so I thought whats the diffference?

hahahaha

are you being serious? Think about what you just said for a second "My friends got sponsored for skateboarding... so why wouldn't i be able to get sponsored for guitar?" sorry dude two completley different worlds, Platy for a while longer, start a band, play gigs, sponsors will find you

sorry if that was uneccesarily harsh but think dude
ive been playing longer then my join date, so how do we no he hasnt?
how long have you been playing? are you in a band?

Edit: i looked at your profile, i think you should keep practising, also think about it matt rach he is a good guitarist nontheless but he got sponserd considering all his videos have over 5 million views if you can do that espically with some origionals i think that would be the only way for a bedroom guitairst to get sponered.
Last edited by beetroot10 at Oct 24, 2008,