OK
My bridge has been broke for a long time(hence the guitar being out of action)
now my friend has a bridge he no longer needs which he said hed sell me for £50 http://www.allparts.uk.com/locking-tremolo-schaller-locking-p-3030.html?p=product
would this fit a kh-202,its a slightly old model(before it got the chrome hardware,still has hz pups),or would I need work doing?
ta
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2T Dinky
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Antares 12 String Acoustic
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
ehh, im not sure it would be a direct drop in, most licensed floyd's use different routings
Well my friend who I bought it ff used it in a really cheap dinky,that originally had a licensed floyd rose
but who knows,if i cant get answers here Il have a trek to the guitar shop
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
ask your friend if you can borrow it first to check if it fits, if it does, give him the money!!
If it doesn't you will need to replace the studs.
I e-mailed floyd rose tech support once and they told me an original floyd will fit a licence low-pro routing. I have a KH-202 and the original floyd from my alexi-600 has the same measurements ( to the nearest 0.1mm ). As far as I can tell, the floyd rose system has a standardized cavity and stud placement, so you should be good. Check guitarpartsdepot.com, they are an ESP certified replacement part dealer. Also, check out this schematic at Warmoth.com. Just make sure that the trem you get has a 37mm sustain block and an R2 (42mm) nut. Hope this helps.
I just checked another thread(elsewhere) and it basically said the schaller with fit straight into the kh-202 but il need a 34mm sustain block??
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01