I was just playing using the Behringer I had bought and I heard a crackling noise and now I can barely get volume out of the damn thing.
Is the battery new? It only takes a couple volts to light an LED, so it may look like it has plenty of power even when the battery's just about dead. I'm assuming you're talking about a battery-powered pedal. If not, please disregard.
Quote by zeppelin42
I was just playing using the Behringer I had bought and I heard a crackling noise and now I can barely get volume out of the damn thing.
Just curious, you've been playing bass for a year and a half and you've been with the UG for almost a year ... why did you buy a Behringer 2 weeks ago?
I assume your talking about an amp....

Behringer - Because your a cheap b*stard!

That should be their slogan
Quote by Ippon
Just curious, you've been playing bass for a year and a half and you've been with the UG for almost a year ... why did you buy a Behringer 2 weeks ago?

a) I've been playing bass for almost 3 years now....
b) I never visit the forums
c) Because, like that other guy said, I'm a cheap b*stard.
Take it back to the store!

It should have a standard 90 day warranty as most electronic goods have in the UK.

EDIT - Here's Behringer's 1 year standard warranty (provided you bought the product new).

PDF warning

http://www.behringerdownload.de/warranty/Garantiebedingungen_ENG_Rev_B.pdf

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Last edited by Jonnomainman at Oct 25, 2008,
this thread and the thread with "why not" and "Behringer" in the title should be merged.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
I think we need the following picture in this thread too. Just for the lulz, you know.

Fler Ismaskiner!
Behringers are such epic failness, sucks man luck with gettin new
CANNIBAL CORPSE

When the silence is gone, what have we become?
Quote by Eklund
I think we need the following picture in this thread too. Just for the lulz, you know.

thats perfect haha!

EDIT: wait did you photoshop that?
Quote by 13-GUITARIST
wait did you photoshop that?

No, I shamelessly stole it from the other thread. All credit goes to Table Salt for the screencap.
Fler Ismaskiner!
can we get this thread stickied as a warning to all the "behringers aren't that bad" people
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I've been using my V-Amp Pro and EP1500 for a couple years and haven't had any problems.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
Quote by Jonnomainman
Take it back to the store!

It should have a standard 90 day warranty as most electronic goods have in the UK.

EDIT - Here's Behringer's 1 year standard warranty (provided you bought the product new).

PDF warning

http://www.behringerdownload.de/warranty/Garantiebedingungen_ENG_Rev_B.pdf

Have you ever read Franz Kafka's "The Castle"? I think Behringer modeled their warranty and repair process after that novel. Endless bureaucracy shall ensue now. Be aware that it can take months to get something repaired and returned. And I hope you filled out your warranty card and have the original bill of sale.

Quote by zeppelin42
b) I never visit the forums

maybe you'll visit more often now--and if you had, we could have saved your mortal soul from much suffering.
I have had my behringer for over 2 years...

it is not the best, but it was been working like a charm
Only the blue sky and the green grass
Go on forever in this world
Where seconds feel like eternity
And years pass in blink of an eye
All I know is Behringer are more reliable than Ashdown...
You can't comment on gear until you have tried it!
Quote by Stan_da_man

No, just no. You couldn't be more wrong. Please leave now.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Quote by Stan_da_man

I request statistical proof. Now.
Over 2 and a half years, maybe 3 years now, and still going ok.... maybe mine was built in the middle of the week LOL!!! but yes, take the thing back to the shop.