Ok so i narrowed it down. i'v decided on these 2 guitars. THe more money i can save, the better. HEres the deal. I wanna get a kick ass V guitar but not burn a damn hole through my wallet. I was considering the V-500, but i figured it would be cheaper to get the V-200 and pop in an EMG 85 and 81. Please compare these 2 guitars and tell me what you all think. I could care less about the wood type cause im playing it all for metal through a distortion pedal. Which of these routes is the better choice? (P.S. it's gotta stay in tune good too!)

ESp V-200

ESP V-500
the five hundred is going to be a hands down better guitar, better put togeather, better quality control, better pickups, better tuners, better wiring, and you'll probably be happier with the 500... ps, since noones asked yet (duh) what amp are you using? that can make a much more drastic difference in the sound you're getting.
Im using some 75watt Kustom amp. Im running my guitar through a wah and a Digitech Metal master distortion pedal. Im looking for a new guitar that can stay in tune. Im pretty much scarred for life from my M100FM LTD that keeps on going outta tune cuz the trem is a cheap POS. I've tried salvaging it so many times but never succeeded.Also, im tired of retuning the trem for differnet tunings since i switch tunings like i switch underwear lol.
Last edited by Yach at Oct 24, 2008,
my concern is mainly, "If i buy the V-200, will i be stuck in the same boat as i was with my M100FM?". regretting i paid 300-400 dollars for a P.O.S.?\
500>200.
That is all.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The thing is, i dont have enough cash for it though. Im at a sucky limit of like $500. This way i figured i'm getting a Guitar i'm looking for through a brand i like. Its pretty hard to find a good cheap V guitar. I know i'm making a comparison similar to looking to buy a chevy cobalt or a corvette, but i'm low on Cash.
Last edited by Yach at Oct 26, 2008,
500. I just got mine last month, and it will not dissapoint. The 200 won't sound good unless you mod it out a bit, and after those mods, the money you spend probably goes above the 500's price.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by YourDad
500. I just got mine last month, and it will not dissapoint. The 200 won't sound good unless you mod it out a bit, and after those mods, the money you spend probably goes above the 500's price.

Well like i said earlier, im going to put in new pickups in it. And i'm going to spend the cash i saved on the 500 towards a new amp. As long as the guitar doesn't have a floating bridge im fine.
Last edited by Yach at Oct 27, 2008,
Quote by Yach
Well like i said earlier, im going to put in new pickups in it. And i'm going to spend the cash i saved on the 500 towards a new amp. As long as it doesnt have a floating bridge im fine.

The 200 is basswood (the 500 is mahogany) and its hardware and electronics aren't as good, not to mention the QC is probably worse.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Yach
What in the world is QC?

Quality control.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Save up the cash for the V500, it has a set-in neck, better pickups and as said before the wood / electronics are superior.

Rather play you'r 'POS' guitar for a while more and get the real deal eventually
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Will any of that matter if im switching the pickups and running my guitar through a multi effect pedal?
Quote by Yach
Will any of that matter if im switching the pickups and running my guitar through a multi effect pedal?

If you buy a guitar with EMGs and plan on swapping the pickups, you may as well look into a different guitar or something...

What multi effect pedal is it? What amp are you using it with?
500!!!
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by HighPotency
If you buy a guitar with EMGs and plan on swapping the pickups, you may as well look into a different guitar or something...

What multi effect pedal is it? What amp are you using it with?

a 75 wat combo amp and a boss GT-8/digi tech metal master.
Well, i'll tell you what im going to do. To resolve my dilema, im going to go down to my local dealer, have them order them in for me and play them both and see what i think. Thnx for the input though.