I've been getting pins and needles really bad in my extremities [fingers] when playing guitar at home lately.
I don't know why, but it only seems to happen when im playing guitar [occasionally when i wake up in the morning].
Anyone know why this is, or some remedies to stop it?
maybe you should switch guitar to a smoother one?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
maybe you should switch guitar to a smoother one?

don't know if that would really help.
im playing an Ibanez RGR421 at most times, due to my les paul being out of action for a few weeks.
the action is pretty low, and i restring all my guitars regularly
remedy: gargle some hydrochloric acid whilst balancing on one leg, on a stool, spinning around at the same speed of your house fan.

but in all seriousness, lighter gauge strings. ^
"The Mad Scientist"

Quote by Fuzzbox91
for someone with a madness avatar (ok ill admit mdness interactive was cool for its time), youre seem to have the right idea.

"Reaching for, the gun, to load and persuade you, to stay..."
You are going to lose your fingers.

Sorry.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by dxvxb
remedy: gargle some hydrochloric acid whilst balancing on one leg, on a stool, spinning around at the same speed of your house fan.

but in all seriousness, lighter gauge strings. ^

first one sounds tempting but deadly.
thing is, i usually play in low tunings, my band plays in Drop B tuning.
so a lot of the time, i require heavier strings to get more tension, so the strings arent flopping all over the place.
that said, even in drop B, which is the lowest i go, i still only play 52 gauge, because it feels good, and i dont like my strings any thicker.
so again, i dont know that strings are the problem?
Quote by geek_core
so a lot of the time, i require heavier strings to get more tension, so the strings arent flopping all over the place.
that said, even in drop B, which is the lowest i go, i still only play 52 gauge, because it feels good, and i dont like my strings any thicker.

i'll tell you what i told someone else on this forum:

"Are you playing with good posture? most people don't know it but playing with bad posture will give you all kinds of hand problem." i would look for a book on trigger points. I have had a lot od hand problem if you would like to talk more let me know.
Last edited by setboy at Oct 24, 2008,
maybe your just pressing too hard? i have no idea, the only time i experience discomfort while playing is when i play tons of barre chords on my acoustic.
"The Mad Scientist"

Quote by Fuzzbox91
for someone with a madness avatar (ok ill admit mdness interactive was cool for its time), youre seem to have the right idea.

"Reaching for, the gun, to load and persuade you, to stay..."
pins and needles.

kinda redundent, eh?
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by geek_core

52 for low B?! Maybe you should try nylon strings

Try a different brand of strings?