About an hour ago, i was practicing with my band. In the middle of a song, my index finger on my right (picking) hand froze. It completely contracted and wouldn't move. I figured it was a charlie horse in my forearm so i just pulled my finger out straight with my other hand, but something didnt feel right, so i let go. After about a minute my finger released. The muscle in my forearm is sore, there is a throbbing in my wrist and an on and off light pain above my elbow. If i try to grab something (or type on the keyboard) my fingers all feel like they are going to lock up, and the joints on my index finger are achey.

Is this just something like a muscle spasm, or should i be worried??
do you work out a lot? cause some guitarists who work out a lot tend to get "The Claw", so that might be your problem.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Nope, DON'T BE WORRIED AT ALL LOL. YOU ARE FINE LOLOLOL. I'M A DOCTOR ROFLROFL.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Don't worry. Your dick will fall off all on its own.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Do you have enough potassium?
if i dont take potassium pills in the morning, i sometimes get cramps... u coulda had a super cramp in your forearm or something...

PS: i think this is gods way of saying "slow down on fapping!"
Are you playing with good posture? most people don't know it but playing with bad posture will give you all kinds of hand problem.
bend your wrist back by itself, with your fingers pointing upwards, then push it back slowly. This stretches your forearm and will tell you if its pulled or not.

edit:
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

if it continues to happen see a chiropractor,sometimes if your growing the bone or muscles wont be in sync all the time and you can actually rip the muscle right out which will take surgery to fix
I do lift, but this has been a busy week so i havent been able to at all....I've had "the claw" and this is different.

yes my posture is good. I've been playing guitar for about five years now, and took lessons for about 2 1/2, where i learned about posture. I dont think its a potasium problem either because i take a multivitamin every morning, and this has never happened to me before....
I've had similar things before, it's just cramp and aches, make sure you get enough salt in your diet and don't keep your hand in uncomfortable positions for too long.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
u h4s t3h zoop3r 4idz
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
happens to me all the time. It means that you're hand has been staying in 1 position for too long. Happens to me since i was 5 and i still arent dead.
My piano teacher had something of a worst-case scenario version of this, his left middle finger is permanently curled/locked up, thus forcing him to play fingernail down on the keys. Ironically he is probably the best pianist I have ever seen.