So ya before you decide to click the link, I can't sing . I've never taking lessons and doubt I'd be amazing even if so, plus I had to record the vocals through my camcorders microphone. Everythings chopped together

"In Profile"
Last edited by ldiablo233 at Oct 30, 2008,
I liked the concept alot. Of course it needs some work. But I don't think it needs as much as you think. I really like the chorus alot. It is however very difficult to hear what you're singing. But from what I did hear your voice isn't as bad as you think either. I can hear some real potential in that song. I thought it was a fun tune!!

Good job

Wade

Crit this if you have the time:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=985250
Quote by wadester
I liked the concept alot. Of course it needs some work. But I don't think it needs as much as you think. I really like the chorus alot. It is however very difficult to hear what you're singing. But from what I did hear your voice isn't as bad as you think either. I can hear some real potential in that song. I thought it was a fun tune!!

Good job

Wade

Crit this if you have the time:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=985250

Ya thanks, like I said its a rough edit and I kinda tried to drown out the voice in the song and add echo/reverb to make it sound better lol. Once I can get a good mic and can learn a bit about singing I want to record a good version of it, ofcourse a better drum machine would be nice to I'm using GP5.

PS: anyone know any good singing sites? Are there any sites that have "tabs" for sining, I know your supposed to use the things with the clefs and stuff but I forgot what those are called,sheet music I geuss?
Last edited by ldiablo233 at Oct 24, 2008,
Quote by ldiablo233
Ya thanks, like I said its a rough edit and I kinda tried to drown out the voice in the song and add echo/reverb to make it sound better lol. Once I can get a good mic and can learn a bit about singing I want to record a good version of it, ofcourse a better drum machine would be nice to I'm using GP5.

PS: anyone know any good singing sites? Are there any sites that have "tabs" for sining, I know your supposed to use the things with the clefs and stuff but I forgot what those are called,sheet music I geuss?

Download some karaoke and record yourself singing a shit load of songs. Find the normal range for your voice and then write your songs to the best key for your voice. It's how I've done it. I know I'm not the best singer or anything, but I couldn't sing at all before I started karaoke. It's fun too! LOL
Quote by wadester
Download some karaoke and record yourself singing a shit load of songs. Find the normal range for your voice and then write your songs to the best key for your voice. It's how I've done it. I know I'm not the best singer or anything, but I couldn't sing at all before I started karaoke. It's fun too! LOL

Well thats the thing, I don't know keys in singing lol. But thats basically what I do is remove the vocals from a song and add mine in or atleast play it back with the song to see if I'm matching. Its tough though cause in the preproduction video for AFI when daveys singing it doesn't sound anything like the song cause they add effects and whatnot and I'm sure I could produce some better stuff like that. But heres another one, ofcourse I rushed throwing it together but I tried to focus on the vocals a bit better, and they were better then the version I recorder previously so I know I'm getting a bit better at things. Plenty of messups but its late

http://media.putfile.com/Promise-me-18
Last edited by ldiablo233 at Oct 25, 2008,