I love blues and all but im noob too it and not an expert in theory. one of the opening licks is this generic thing.

G---------7--9br7-------
D---7--9-----------------
A-------------------------
E-------------------------

also have a lil ending variation to that. so my question what key is it in? im assuming its in B but im not sure. Im trying to build upon it and making a Bm progression and trying to use the blues scale in B. is this correct? how exactly do i know what key a lick is in. I know alot of times its always the first note but not 100% of the time. can someone explain to me in detail how to do this?

I have a progression of Bm-F#m-? what else can I add? How do i do a simple 12 bar blues prog with 1-4-5?

also off topic but can someone link me to site where i can make writing tab here easier.
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
what does br mean
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by XxRustInPeacexX
what does br mean

bend then release
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
Quote by dudebud
bend then release

o.0
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Just write your TAB in Notepad, then copy and paste it here (with CODE!!!).

Your four chord in Bm would be Em. I suggest learning the major and minor scale, and some basic theory. Read the lesson in bangoodcharlote's sig, and the ones in Freepower's (he's a Mod here. If you have trouble finding his name, check the bottom right section of this forum. It'll be green). Seriously, learning a little bit of basic theory would really help with all of these topics (except for the TAB thing).
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
so is 1-4-5 in bm...... Bm-Em-F#m? im going to build around that. also no one answered my question if the lick was in b
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny