Recently I aquired a 1965-68 Epiphone Olympic Double from a neighbor of mine. I've been playing guitar for a while so I did my best to fix the wiring that had all come detatched and what not. The thing was in pretty bad condition when I got it, maybe 2 strings on it, it has knicks and scratches on it all over the place etc. etc.

All is pretty well now, and it's actually playable and sounds pretty darn nice. It still looks really beat up, but I don't really care. I could not find any information about the guitar through searching, so I didn't want to mess with anything that I hadn't seen before. The action towards the bottom of the neck is really high. At the top of the neck it's just fine and where I would want it. I assume this is because the truss rod needs to be adjusted, I just want to make sure.

I adjusted it a little bit and it made the problem a little better, but it still needs more. I guess I don't know specifics of a truss rod... I didn't want to try to adjust it too much and break it or something, so I figured I would ask people for advice. If someone could give me a little info on what I should do I would really appreciate it.

Thanks