So I've been borrowing a Jcm 800 (I'm highly considering getting it) and it's an incredible amp, but there's one thing I've noticed....do most people use a boost pedal for solos on it if you want to do something something along the lines of shred? It has a lot of gain, but without the boost pedal to me it doesn't really shred (I'm using my satchurator for a boost). Is this how the amp is, or am I just retarded ?
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
On Ride the Lightning, Metallica used a JCM 800 with a TubeScreamer for most of the tone on the album (Hetfield and Hammet). Just to note a sound most people are familair with.

Otherwise, why do you care what "most people" do? Is there a certain sound you are after?
Yeah, I'm after a megadeth tone. But Would kirk only use the tubescreamer on solos or would he use it as his distorted tone?
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Quote by SGmaniac1021
Yeah, I'm after a megadeth tone. But Would kirk only use the tubescreamer on solos or would he use it as his distorted tone?

Megadeth tone varies a lot from album to album, and anything after RIP becomes very difficult to mimic due to increased complexity/cost, but as the above poster had mentioned, you may not have the volume up enough to get the bite and clarity necessary to get some of those tones (if you can't hear it clearly past the neighbors house, then you aren't there yet ).