I have no idea where to start. basically all that my local shop and gc carry are Boss pedals. I'm interested in EHX pedals jsut because they look cool and seem to have great sounds, but are they really that good? for example, the #1 Echo digital delay. it seems to sound awesome. it's not as versatile as say, a boss, but is it good for its range?

right now, im mainly looking for a phaser, a delay, and possibly a booster.

thanks for any help or suggestions.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
How good are you with electronics/soldering/wiring?

I've heard excellent things about the BYOC (Build Your Own Clone) Triboost pedal- three boost pedals in one.
And EHX pedals are very good, although some are quite pricy. I really do love the English Muff'n Overdrive, but I can't tell you about phasers or delays. Not effects I use a whole lot.

EDIT: Well actually, apparantly all BYOC stuff is pretty amazing, although also rather pricy.
Quote by Stratoblaster73
How good are you with electronics/soldering/wiring?

I've heard excellent things about the BYOC (Build Your Own Clone) Triboost pedal- three boost pedals in one.
And EHX pedals are very good, although some are quite pricy. I really do love the English Muff'n Overdrive, but I can't tell you about phasers or delays. Not effects I use a whole lot.

EDIT: Well actually, apparantly all BYOC stuff is pretty amazing, although also rather pricy.

ive never done any of that stuff before...is it easy to learn? idk if id want to get into that and then drop it for some reason and have have a ton of wiring stuff laying around my dorm room
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
did some research BYOC doesn't seem to sell their stuff in the US

EDIT: Ha! Im stupid
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Last edited by bored_maniac33 at Oct 24, 2008,
brands don't mean a thing when looking for gear. go out and try out as many pedals as you possibly can, then choose what you think is the best.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by xwearesinking
brands don't mean a thing when looking for gear. go out and try out as many pedals as you possibly can, then choose what you think is the best.

thats the thing. i cant. my local shops dont carry hardly any pedals or many brands.
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
thats the thing. i cant. my local shops dont carry hardly any pedals or many brands.

How about Youtube demos of pedals you're interested in?
Look through Guitarcentre or ZZsounds or Musiciansfriend, or whatever, online.
then, just look up the pedal on youtube for a demo!
Quote by Stratoblaster73
How about Youtube demos of pedals you're interested in?
Look through Guitarcentre or ZZsounds or Musiciansfriend, or whatever, online.
then, just look up the pedal on youtube for a demo!

yea, thats basically wat im doing, but i was hoping for some suggestions because the effect section of GC.com is pretty freakin' huge.
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
okay, well, let's start with the basics.
I know you live in the US now, you said above..

What amp do you have?
What guitar do you have?
What style(s) do you play?
Quote by Stratoblaster73
okay, well, let's start with the basics.
I know you live in the US now, you said above..

What amp do you have?
What guitar do you have?
What style(s) do you play?

I have a fender hot rod deluxe, an ibanez JTK1 jetking with a SD '59 in the neck, a fender deluxe MIA fat strat, and i play a variety of things that dont necessarily fit a genre. however, i have found that my amp can do most of what i what except for a crisp, light overdrive, and some higher gain stuff, so i'm thinking about getting possibly a booster, but i'm not sure if that'll do the trick. i also have found that i like phaser sort of effects and a delay.

for all of this, i'm sorta thinking about these pedals:
BBE boosta grande
EHX small stone
EHX #1 echo

but i dont know if these do everything i want at a price that makes sense or not. i mean, i know that the prices are what im willing to pay, and appear good, but i dont want to buy something and then realize that for only $x more i could have gotten a lot better, you know?

thanks for your help btw
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional