what are some of differences between the boss mt2 and the ds1. i know the mt2 has the mid freq adjustment. does the ds1 offer anything that the mt2 doesn't?
the ds-1 sounds decent and is more suited towards light/medium distortion genres, where the mt-2 sounds pretty awful and is meant for metal/all sub genres of metal.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
The DS1 is a fairly half-almost-not-quite-decent pedal
The MT2 is ****ing horrible in every way
ohai little sig.
The Metal Core is much better than the MT2, if you're after a metal tone. If you're after more of a rock tone, then the DS1 would be better.
wow didn't know that the Mt2 wasn't very popular. can you solo with the ds1 or is it more for crunchy power chords?
Quote by sland1984
wow didn't know that the Mt2 wasn't very popular. can you solo with the ds1 or is it more for crunchy power chords?

the ds-1 is more for crunchy power chords, when the distortion knob is down low its almost borderline overdrive. what amp do you have ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Never understood why some people slag the DS-1 so much, not talking about this thread but elsewhere. Its a simple distortion pedal, seems to me like some people buy it and expect miracles then see 3 knobs and say this sucks. Its simple, it distorts your signal, its $40 and it lasts

Threadstarter, don't be set on only those pedals or only the Boss lineup. There is a ton of great sh*t out there.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
The DS1 works well in conjunction with a tube amp, at low gain levels it can do a nice dirty boost thing, up to giving you those fuzzed out wall-of-sound tones at higher gain levels. As a stand alone distortion on a clean SS or tube amp though it's kind of uninspiring.

The MT2 is shit.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com