Wish You Were Here
The Wall
The Final Cut
The Division Bell
Delicate Sound Of Thunder

and Led Zeppelin IV
any TOOL.
NIN - the fragile
a bunch more, but im not sure if you're looking for just solid albums, or neat prog stuff like dark side.

^ how could i forget those two radiohead ones, my favourites.
Derek and the Dominos-Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs
Jeff Buckley-Grace
Avenged Sevenfold-City of Evil and Avenged Sevenfold
The Darkness-Permission to Land
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
i don't know why, but i think My Chemical Romance - 3 Cheers For Sweet Revenge is a shweet album
But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Quote by Crimson Ghost
Derek and the Dominos-Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs
Jeff Buckley-Grace
Avenged Sevenfold-City of Evil and Avenged Sevenfold
The Darkness-Permission to Land

+1 to the Avenged albums, until recently I thought they were just bland metalcore, man I was wrong...
I find those albums by technical bands such as Protest The Hero and Between The Buried And Me sound best when listened to as a whole, rather than picking out songs
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
Quote by kaiser_bill
oh

On An Island
Live In Gdansk

On an Island is that David Gilmour one right?

If so, +100.
Quote by Another bassist
OK Computer and Kid A are two albums by Radiohead that can usually do that to me

This. And In Rainbows.
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
Quote by SeveralSpecies
On an Island is that David Gilmour one right?

If so, +100.

yessum

also In The Court Of The Crimson King
Quote by Matty_V
+1 to the Avenged albums, until recently I thought they were just bland metalcore, man I was wrong...
I find those albums by technical bands such as Protest The Hero and Between The Buried And Me sound best when listened to as a whole, rather than picking out songs

+1 to BTBAM, I only have Colours but that album is amazing when taken at once.

Also the suite at the end of Terrapin Station by The Grateful Dead. The whole album isn't necessary but the last 16 minutes are.
Any of the Mastodon albums are awesome.
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
Quote by Beakwithteeth
+1 to BTBAM, I only have Colours but that album is amazing when taken at once.

Also the suite at the end of Terrapin Station by The Grateful Dead. The whole album isn't necessary but the last 16 minutes are.

Dude you've gotta listen to Alaska, amazing... (BTBAM)
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
+1 to Thrice - Vheissu, BTBAM - Colors, and Opeth.

Also, get:

Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element Pt. I
Porcupine Tree - Voyage 34: The Complete Trip
Agalloch - The Mantle or Ashes Against the Grain
Moonsorrow - V: Havitetty

Not sure if you'd be a fan of the last two.
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea...it flows so well, every song is connected in some way.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Yeah.
You guys have reminded me of a lot of good ones.
The reason I wanted to know was because when i listen to single songs im usually doing something else and have it on as background.
But when I get one of these gems, it turns into an event in itself so I can just sit for and hour and listen through it and contemplate and get inspired.
Preferably not more metal, even better I would like lighter maybe acoustic older 60-70's stuff.
I would like to add Tommy by The Who to many of the aforementioned albums. I'm actually shocked it hasn't been mentioned.
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder
I know another racially insensitive scientific term. "Dark matter." Science, please! Dark people do matter!

Quote by InvaderTSN
What is this.....sarcasm? Some form of french toast?
Kezia - Protest the Hero
Fortress - Protest the Hero

Both amazing, I could listen to them all day.
The softest of blankets is six feet of soil.

Upcoming Shows:
Sasquatch! Festival - May 2013
The 3 EP's by the Beta Band is pretty awesome. I think that any Radiohead album after Pablo Honey can be pretty much listened to the entire way through. Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding ALWAYS gets me. The whole album is just amazing. And if you like the whole Soul/Funk thing definitely look into Marvin Gaye. His music is amazing and "Lets Get it On" may be one of the greatest songs every written. I saw someone mention Led Zeppelin IV but I think I and II are better. Eric Clapton's Unplugged is outstanding acoustic blues work. The Doors self-titled. And of course, Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Abbey Road by the Beatles. If you are looking for some trippy kind of sounding stuff, Animal Collective's Strawberry Jam is great to listen to all the way through, as is Beck's Sea Change, but the latter is if you are looking for depressing acoustic guitar music. Speaking of acoustic guitar music, get Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel. It is pretty much indispensable.
I personally love Miles Davis' Kind of Blue and John Coltrane's the Gentle Side of John Coltrane. There is a french band that does Latin Jazz covers of hits from the 70s and 80s called Nouvelle Vague. They do a cover of Guns of Brixton by the Clash that is absolutely spell-binding and their self-titled album is a great listen, all of the way through. That reminds me. London Calling by the Clash is a fantastic album. I also personally love Of Montreal's Hissing Fauna, Are you the Destroyer? Although that is really crazy electro-pop that can be defined as the gay Beatles. If you like Funk than the Ohio Player's album Fire is a great listen as well as pretty much anything by Johnny "Guitar" Watson. Surfer Rosa by the Pixies is a good album to listen to all of the way through and is definitely a great source of inspiration for over-all weirdness to your music.

On a more bluesy side, Stevie Ray Vaungh and Double Trouble's Couldn't Stand the Weather is excellent as well as every album Jimi Hendrix ever made and all of his live and bootleg stuff is worth getting ahold of.
First Impressions of Earth may be my favorite the Strokes album, and every album that Sublime ever made is a must-have. If you dig punk or grunge then get the Toadies Rubberneck, immediately. It is awesome beyond description. To wrap this list up, I also really enjoy Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

EDIT: Sorry for the extremely long list, I just never really listen to individual songs anymore, I always listen to entire albums. All of the above are albums that I listen to the entire way through.
Last edited by Seryaph at Oct 25, 2008,
Quote by Seryaph
The 3 EP's by the Beta Band is pretty awesome. I think that any Radiohead album after Pablo Honey can be pretty much listened to the entire way through. Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding ALWAYS gets me. The whole album is just amazing. And if you like the whole Soul/Funk thing definitely look into Marvin Gaye. His music is amazing and "Lets Get it On" may be one of the greatest songs every written. I saw someone mention Led Zeppelin IV but I think I and II are better. Eric Clapton's Unplugged is outstanding acoustic blues work. The Doors self-titled. And of course, Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Abbey Road by the Beatles. If you are looking for some trippy kind of sounding stuff, Animal Collective's Strawberry Jam is great to listen to all the way through, as is Beck's Sea Change, but the latter is if you are looking for depressing acoustic guitar music. Speaking of acoustic guitar music, get Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel. It is pretty much indispensable.
I personally love Miles Davis' Kind of Blue and John Coltrane's the Gentle Side of John Coltrane. There is a french band that does Latin Jazz covers of hits from the 70s and 80s called Nouvelle Vague. They do a cover of Guns of Brixton by the Clash that is absolutely spell-binding and their self-titled album is a great listen, all of the way through. That reminds me. London Calling by the Clash is a fantastic album. I also personally love Of Montreal's Hissing Fauna, Are you the Destroyer? Although that is really crazy electro-pop that can be defined as the gay Beatles. If you like Funk than the Ohio Player's album Fire is a great listen as well as pretty much anything by Johnny "Guitar" Watson. Surfer Rosa by the Pixies is a good album to listen to all of the way through and is definitely a great source of inspiration for over-all weirdness to your music.

On a more bluesy side, Stevie Ray Vaungh and Double Trouble's Couldn't Stand the Weather is excellent as well as every album Jimi Hendrix ever made and all of his live and bootleg stuff is worth getting ahold of.
First Impressions of Earth may be my favorite the Strokes album, and every album that Sublime ever made is a must-have. If you dig punk or grunge then get the Toadies Rubberneck, immediately. It is awesome beyond description. To wrap this list up, I also really enjoy Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

EDIT: Sorry for the extremely long list, I just never really listen to individual songs anymore, I always listen to entire albums. All of the above are albums that I listen to the entire way through.

Thanks man, I plan on checking all those out.
I have around half of them but I'm about to go to the library to see if i can find any more.
Yeah, thanks again huge help.