Page 1 of 3
Hey Pit, i'm really not sure if this should be in a certain forum, but here goes.

Out of any album you've heard what would you classify as your favorite?

I'll start, Trivium's 'Shogun' would have to be mine, I can listen to EVERY song on that album over and over, the melody's come in at the exact time and everything just fits in very well..

So Pit, what would you say is your favorite album?

(If this is in the wrong forum please tell me.)
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I'll give the same answer I gave for the last 1,000 of these.

Aenima - Tool

this
Ghost Reveries by Opeth.
That album was PERFECT. I mean Opeth's good, but wow, that album was just stunning.
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
Yes, but who is to say you won't be sick of Shogun by next year...

Scenes From A Memory by Dream Theater maybe. I love alot of albums though.
I'd have to go with Audioslave's first album, and "Graduation" by Kanye West. Both still feel as fresh and exciting as they did the day I bought them, regardless how many times I've listened to them.
to expand upon my last post...

Eulogy's interlude is like the sonic equivalent of speaking to God
Quote by Regression
Yes, but who is to say you won't be sick of Shogun by next year...

Scenes From A Memory by Dream Theater maybe. I love alot of albums though.

I could be, but i didn't say "Favorite album of all time" (If I did, my apologies)

Also, I haven't heard of much from Dream Theater, I heard about 20 minutes of that "Stream Of Instrumentals" and really enjoyed that, I really would like to get into them, any ideas on some of there really good songs?
In Rainbows
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
Quote by kaiser_bill
to expand upon my last post...

Eulogy's interlude is like the sonic equivalent of speaking to God

+10000000.....00000....000
I have two.

In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 by Coheed and Cambria

and

Frances the Mute by The Mars Volta
Lather. Rinse. Maim.
Quote by tyler_j
+10000000.....00000....000

but it's kind of frustrating...

i have every album by Pink Floyd and Tool, so they are the only bands that sound good to me anymore. Even revered artists like Led Zeppelin sound a little bland by comparison...maybe my taste in music has been ruined?

I'm fifteen, so is it natural that i'm at this stage in listening to music?
Quote by RonnyMex
I have two.

and

I have both those albums, both are awesome.

My favorite would have to be Dark Side of the Moon Pink Floyd. or Elect the Dead by Serj Tankian.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by RonnyMex
I have two.

and

Oh wow I totally forgot about Frances the Mute.. considering TMV is my favourite band OF ALL TIME
Abbey Road - The Beatles
Kid A - Radiohead
Wish You were Here - Pink Floyd

One of those three.
Quote by Wells-Zeppelin
I could be, but i didn't say "Favorite album of all time" (If I did, my apologies)

Also, I haven't heard of much from Dream Theater, I heard about 20 minutes of that "Stream Of Instrumentals" and really enjoyed that, I really would like to get into them, any ideas on some of there really good songs?

Check out the "Greatest Hit" CD. It's got a pretty good mix of their heavy stuff and their lighter stuff. Every album but WDADU is great imo.

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH

THE GAME
Quote by kaiser_bill
but it's kind of frustrating...

i have every album by Pink Floyd and Tool, so they are the only bands that sound good to me anymore. Even revered artists like Led Zeppelin sound a little bland by comparison...maybe my taste in music has been ruined?

I'm fifteen, so is it natural that i'm at this stage in listening to music?

I'm currently listening to 'Eulogy'...great song..

And I also have every Tool album, I revere them as a great band, but the thing you may have to do is to almost 'fade into' other styles of music.
For example, listen to a band that sounds very much like Tool..once you like them, get into a band that sounds very much like that band. EVentually your music taste will evolve.

It is sort of natural as well, I'm 16, and I've had that problem for a long time, you need to make sure you branch out with your music tastes.
I'm currently in a rut as well...there are 11 bands I listen to on frequent rotation and I can't move on...but I'm slightly getting somewhere with my musical taste...
Quote by Wells-Zeppelin

I'd personally recommend picking up Metropolis Pt 2: Scenes from a Memory, it's widely regarded as their best album. Images & Words and Awake are also up there. Since you like Trivium, Train of Though might be a good starting point for you also.
On topic: I honestly have no idea. My tastes have been growing so fast recently that I don't think I could pick a favorite album.
Quote by tyler_j
I'm currently listening to 'Eulogy'...great song..

And I also have every Tool album, I revere them as a great band, but the thing you may have to do is to almost 'fade into' other styles of music.
For example, listen to a band that sounds very much like Tool..once you like them, get into a band that sounds very much like that band. EVentually your music taste will evolve.

It is sort of natural as well, I'm 16, and I've had that problem for a long time, you need to make sure you branch out with your music tastes.
I'm currently in a rut as well...there are 11 bands I listen to on frequent rotation and I can't move on...but I'm slightly getting somewhere with my musical taste...

thanks.

i think i just have to stop worrying about 'oh everyone's talking about BTBAM, I HAVE to get that album.' A bit like the ego problem alot of rookie guitarists get i guess.

edit: in short to stop overthinking and overanalyzing. thanks again.
Quote by Nightfyre
I'd personally recommend picking up Metropolis Pt 2: Scenes from a Memory, it's widely regarded as their best album. Images & Words and Awake are also up there. Since you like Trivium, Train of Though might be a good starting point for you also.
On topic: I honestly have no idea. My tastes have been growing so fast recently that I don't think I could pick a favorite album.

Thanks, the funny thing is I only got into Trivium from BDO `07 now I have all of there albums..

But thanks, from some of those instrumentals on that youtube clip I can see i'm going to like Dream Theater.
Quote by Wells-Zeppelin

I havn't really heard any of there stuff before Scenes From A Memory, only stuff after like a bit off Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence, Octavarium and Systematic Chaos.

Their songs vary alot, so it's kind of hard to reccomend any which will give you a good idea of there sound. Try The Dance Of Eternity (instrumental), Home, Finally Free (if you can stand the singing), The Root Of All Evil, Forsaken and The Dark Eternal Night.

Sorry, sort of big list to give you a vague idea of their music.

Edit: Ahh, nevermind.
Agalloch - The Mantle
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element Pt. 1
Thrice - Vheissu
Thrice - Artist in the Ambulance
Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor

Quote by Wells-Zeppelin

Depends on what you like, really... They have a broad range of stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcNpQtZ0cq8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44j6hvBx4fg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pIjHeBbRtY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdCoBJrDl3I (can't be hard to find part 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhedP71N9gQ
Quote by RedDeath9

Cheers I'll look into `em when i'm next on IE.. Shockwave keeps crashing on Google Chrome
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I'll give the same answer I gave for the last 1,000 of these.

Aenima - Tool

I CANNOT FIND THIS ALBUM ANYWHERE ON VANCOUVER ISLAND

I had to make up for it by using it as my avatar

& does this one come in vinyl? I've seen Undertow and Lateralus in Limited Edition LP but not this one
Quote by xaviergray
I CANNOT FIND THIS ALBUM ANYWHERE ON VANCOUVER ISLAND

I had to make up for it by using it as my avatar

& does this one come in vinyl? I've seen Undertow and Lateralus in Limited Edition LP but not this one

not sure, but if you can somehow get the songs otherwise (download?) you'll be fine
Quote by Bobby97
zu hast ich-rammstein
Death magnetic-metallica-

Not too judge your music taste but really, Death Magnetic?

Maybe Death Magnetic didn't effect me as much as most of there other albums, and I absolutely hate The Judas kiss..
Quote by Wells-Zeppelin
Not too judge your music taste but really, Death Magnetic?

Maybe Death Magnetic didn't effect me as much as most of there other albums, and I absolutely hate The Judas kiss..

that's what i thought...

although i haven't listened to Death Magnetic...

i just went by what everyone else was saying, which is a

oops

cheers anyway
Quote by kaiser_bill
not sure, but if you can somehow get the songs otherwise (download?) you'll be fine

Uhm, no, downloading songs from your favourite band is like stealing money from your wife.
Quote by xaviergray
Uhm, no, downloading songs from your favourite band is like stealing money from your wife.

You do know there's sites where you can pay and download right..? Just means you don't get the album cover really..
Wolfmother's self titled. There isn't a song on there that I don't like. "Sound of White" by Missy Higgins I can listen to over and over, as well as Michael Buble's "It's Time" album.
Page 1 of 3